Cruise Critic Community
CRAFTCRUISER

Phone call perk

i had a similar perk a few years on the breakaway, works pretty good. Make sure you go to guest service and verify they have it in the system and ask for the special code you need to dial first

I did a couple of times a few cruises ago, not too bad but the timing wasn't good between the ship and NZ!!   It took a long time to dial my special code and then the international phone number, if I remember rightly 21 numbers.

Used it last year to check on contractor (we were having our kitchen redone while we were away on cruise), vet (our cat was boarded for her first time), and countertop people.    Loved having this perk.   It’s a lot of numbers to punch in phone, but wished we remembered it sooner in our cruise.  Didn’t come close to using all the minutes.   I believe it pops up on the other end as a very weird number... contractor didn’t always pick up since he thought it was telemarketer/SPAM caller

We had it last November. If you have a specific person you will be calling, let them know it will show up on caller ID as an odd place.  Each time it was different our son said, so we usually had to call twice so he would answer the call.

Great perk to have, wish they would offer it again. It works like a calling card where you put the code in and then dial the number. Before each call it tells you how many minutes you have left. I agree with above poster, sometimes incoming calls  showed Miami or New Jersey. Can only be used in your cabin.