Beverage Packages

roverix

31 minutes ago, roverix said:

Do beverage packages ever go on sale?

Sometimes as part of a booking promo the cruise price increase will be a good deal. But that's not always guaranteed. Most of the time the price increase equals the cost of the package 

The beverage packages on their own never go on sale.

Agreed,  when the OLD Explore-4 promotion (the one that included the SBP) was linked to a cruise,  the price of the cruise would increase by almost the amount of the SBP, $51.70 per day, including the 15% SC.   But occasionally, HAL has a short promotion that adds the SBP for little of no increase in cruise price.  We were watching a particular 29 day cruise on the Rotterdam in Oct 2020.   The price of a Vista Suite was $6400 P/P., and it has been that price for more than 6 months.  When we booked the cruise last March, while onboard the Eurodam, the cruise consultant told us that we also has the 29 day SBP.  I immediately asked what the new price was.  She said it was the same, $6400.   We got a 29 day SBP, valued at $1499.30 P/P for no extra charge.   That was the Early Booking Bonus, which ended on June 30, 2019.

New to HAL -  our cruise history is mostly Princess and NCL

I was excited to see the Explore 4 come out but as we all know it doesn't include the SBP this year.

I wouldn't mind paying $149 like Aquahound but full price no way.  (yes, I know that the cruise $$ is usually raised to cover the SBP)

In the past, is there any other offer that might include or have a sale price on the SBP that I should be watching for.  Yes, I have a good TA, but I'm "hands on" in managing our bookings.

Thanks for your help.

1 hour ago, Tyskie said:

New to HAL -  our cruise history is mostly Princess and NCL

I was excited to see the Explore 4 come out but as we all know it doesn't include the SBP this year.

I wouldn't mind paying $149 like Aquahound but full price no way.  (yes, I know that the cruise $$ is usually raised to cover the SBP)

In the past, is there any other offer that might include or have a sale price on the SBP that I should be watching for.  Yes, I have a good TA, but I'm "hands on" in managing our bookings.

Thanks for your help.

What Aquahound describes is a reservation that offers at booking the beverage package or not included in reservation.  AH got a fabulous deal.  MY observation is that this is happening lately AFTER final payment bookings.  

• Like 1