Kotor Tour Recommendations

I will be visiting Kotor on The NCL Star this November and it will be our first time in this port, so I am looking for recommedations from people of private tours, ones that don't involve too much walking as I am in a wheelchair,  but can walk a bit and my parents are elderly and my mum has walking difficulties?  There are so many to choose from.

Thanks in advance.

The town of Kotor can only be explored on foot.  A wheelchair or scooter can certainly access some (not all) of the town.  If you want to avoid walking then you should consider an excursion or tour that takes you to various places outside of Kotor. 

Hank

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The town itself is quite small, and even in a wheelchair you can get a good quick flavor of the place.  Though we did not have a private tour set up, we took a taxi to the top of the hill/mountain overlooking the whole port area with a view out to the open water.  That was very interesting and you don’t have to get out of the taxi if you don’t want to.

You might check with the guide recommended by the previous post to see what else they have to offer.

On 10/10/2019 at 4:43 AM, maidncruze said:

If your looking for a private tour no one better than Milo from Tours by Milo.  We have used his services many times over the last few years and you will find no one more dedicated, passionate and professional to show you his beautiful country!!

He's simply the best!

http://www.toursbymilo.com/en/

Frank

Great info thank you, visiting next year.

I agree. Kotor is a small town and exploring it in a wheelchair is not an issue. The ship is docked in the very centre and from there everything is accessible with a wheelchair. You will enjoy the Old Town the most, but not particularly the cobble stone parts.

On 10/20/2019 at 1:31 PM, bennybear said:

Mladen at M tours set up a good private tour. 

I second Mladen’s tours. Had a wonderful day. Just be sure to ask about spending time in port upon return. We took a really long lunch and after seeing the quaint little town upon our return, wish we had more time there. The more people who join your tour, the less expensive it becomes. 

4716E2B0-0E89-4FCF-96B5-77F8650E39A8.jpeg

AD2629AF-4990-40D2-B61A-8AC56A94BDB4.jpeg

94A71838-FCD2-412B-A0F7-686DE5B11FEC.jpeg

F85AF77A-02F7-4B84-8F63-7B3CB0051E4D.jpeg

14DAC84D-DCB7-4EFD-A7E4-3D170141A48A.jpeg

9E8EE206-34E1-472C-A3F3-BD6CDF473621.jpeg

• Like 1

We visited this beautiful town earlier this year.

We planned ahead and decided to book a taxi for 4 hours from Kotor to Budva,  Stefan, Perast and back to Kotor (quite reasonable for 80€). We used Red Taxi Kotor and were very happy with their service. We didn't want a guide, just a tour around those places. They have a website in english and I communicated easily with them via email.

On 10/9/2019 at 2:43 PM, maidncruze said:

If your looking for a private tour no one better than Milo from Tours by Milo.  We have used his services many times over the last few years and you will find no one more dedicated, passionate and professional to show you his beautiful country!!

He's simply the best!

http://www.toursbymilo.com/en/

Frank

Another vote for Tours by Milo. I used them two years ago and our guide was excellent. They came recommended by a number of people on the boards which is why I decided to go with them.

• 3 weeks later...

There were so many providers of private tours on the pier, both with boats and with taxis. Even if you don't pre-book, you should find one that can take your group. They had maps and pictures of what they were going to offer. You will still have time to explore the lower part of the old town.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi 🐬 We did the tour with Mont Travelers two years ago and we already booked one for next year. They have various tours. Our guide was a very friendly and knowledgeable young man but a very good driver. We have booked the  Panoramic Montenegro tour that would be a good choice for photographers or landscape lovers. I am not sure if they have a more available tour on the day but here is their website so you can check directly www.monttravelers.com Hope this post is useful. 🎅 

• Like 1