Equinox, a Royal Suite experience

chemmo

36 minutes ago, MEcruzr said:

If there's something of special interest, ask about it. We were traveling in a suite, our friends were not. He's a trained chef and owned a wine store in San Francisco for about 10 years before moving to NYC. Very much a foodie. I asked if he and I could be included in a galley tour. We got a private tour with an officer of the galley and wine storage area where they keep "the good stuff". We also got to walk around inside the two story wine room in the main dining room. Pretty neat. 

If you're on a ship with Capt Kate, ask for a bridge tour. She does them herself. 

I have never seen the Captain anywhere near the bridge on a Celebrity ship when a bridge tour happens. They are always somewhere else. We actually did a bridge tour on Princess many years ago and you had the full area of the bridge to walk around. Celebrity herd you into a corner away from all the main bridge area and the spotters.

12 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

I have never seen the Captain anywhere near the bridge on a Celebrity ship when a bridge tour happens. They are always somewhere else. We actually did a bridge tour on Princess many years ago and you had the full area of the bridge to walk around. Celebrity herd you into a corner away from all the main bridge area and the spotters.

Obviously the Bridge tours are not all the same on Celebrity ships.  I have never been herded into a corner during my Celebrity Bridge tours.  

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Obviously the Bridge tours are not all the same on Celebrity ships.  I have never been herded into a corner during my Celebrity Bridge tours.  

We have done a reasonable number, all on S class ships. One the first one there was a barrier set out covering the bulk of the bridge. the whole central area and the area to the right. The presentation has always been on the left hand side of the bridge. The last presentation was given at the control unit at the left hand side (facing forward) and some of the part had to stand on the glass floor. 

11 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I think they were referring to the tour being conducted on the port wing.

11 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Agreed.

We've never been stuck in the port wing “corner” either.
On our last two bridge tours on Edge both the Capt. and Staff Capt. were present.

17 hours ago, chemmo said:

By the way, very impressed with the robes, worth asking for and leaving a little space in your luggage.

We are excited about the robes and glad to know it is still an available PH/RS perk! Did confirm with Zoey of Shoreside Concierge that they must be requested on board.

Interesting that many room 1612 folks are reading and posting to your thread, ourselves included (Oct 25th sailing).

Edited by JoeSalvatore
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoeSalvatore said:

We are excited about the robes and glad to know it is still an available PH/RS perk! Did confirm with Zoey of Shoreside Concierge that they must be requested on board.

Interesting that many room 1612 folks are reading and posting to your thread, ourselves included (Oct 25th sailing).

Hope you have a fantastic time!

It is a lovely room if you have the same room attendant and butler as us you will be well looked after!

Make sure you make the most of Murano’s and Tuscan, the food and service level really was wonderful.

Looking at your details it least you haven’t far to travel! We are now back in a rather wet and dismal U.K.....