Equinox, a Royal Suite experience

chemmo

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

Our butler, Mudit, is very good. The pillows are making a difference. Not ideal but definitely better then metal frames!

One thing that often frustrates me when I read reviews on CC is when guests find something sub par, don’t say anything to staff and then grumbled about it in a review. We have rarely had a complaint on Celebrity but when we have we have voiced our concerns and given Celebrity the chance to correct/find a solution...

We are already more comfortable on our balcony and Mudit is looking at ‘acquiring’ a couple more pillows later....

Mudit was our butler in August, he prepared a great surprise with chocolates for my husband's birthday, very helpful.

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I'm disappointed to hear about the bath robes, they were brown with what looked like a terry lining and your initials monogramed.  They have been giving them to guests in RS since the Revolution. This included Equinox. Perhaps your butler can give you more information.

They are grey with a terry lining but look washed, not new...no monogram...

Edited by chemmo

4 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Chemmo can you verify with the cabin steward that the bed can be split in the RS?   I'm not sure if that would be an issue for cwspy traveling with her aunt.  If it can't be split and it's an issue they certainly could use the sofa bed or request a rollaway bed.  It's a wonderful story and the RS experience will certainly be a a big surprise and enjoyed by the aunt.

The beds can definitely be split.  The shoreside concierge advised me they could not, once onboard our stateroom attendant said he could split them.  I communicated this to the shoreside concierge so going forward they would have current information.

its a great cabin.  Wondering if the coffee table has been replaced since we sailed(previous guests/dancing...no coffee table at beginning of cruise.  They brought in a small glass table...then a larger glass table but not large enough. We were in 1241.

F9715F66-C4B5-49CA-A76C-D72ADF93D43A.jpeg

61B8F6FC-57EA-489F-A53C-A69233CB4D3A.jpeg

23 minutes ago, jj6961 said:

That’s interesting 😢.  August 24th sailing we received monogrammed robes 

Nothing on the bed when we boarded, just robes hung up in the wardrobe. They have the retreat ‘leaf’ symbol on them but definitely no monogram (I have just checked in the wardrobe)! 

A shame if they have stopped them...My husband and I wouldn’t be particularly bothered but I think our son may have quite liked one....

Edited by chemmo

4 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I'm disappointed to hear about the bath robes, they were brown with what looked like a terry lining and your initials monogramed.  They have been giving them to guests in RS since the Revolution. This included Equinox. Perhaps your butler can give you more information.

I too am wondering why the monogramed robes have suddenly disappeared.  Perhaps you could inquire of the Retreat Concierge.  People reported being able to take them home.  If this is no longer so, no need to save space in the luggage.

5 hours ago, chemmo said:

One thing that often frustrates me when I read reviews on CC is when guests find something sub par, don’t say anything to staff and then grumbled about it in a review. We have rarely had a complaint on Celebrity but when we have we have voiced our concerns and given Celebrity the chance to correct/find a solution...

I absolutely agree with your comment.  If Celebrity doesn't know about your problem, they can't fix it.  They really want to make your cruise great.  When I mentioned that the table on my balcony wobbled, they fell all over themselves to replace it.  They were grateful to hear about it.  They sent me a lovely bouquet of flowers!

26 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I too am wondering why the monogramed robes have suddenly disappeared.  Perhaps you could inquire of the Retreat Concierge.  People reported being able to take them home.  If this is no longer so, no need to save space in the luggage.

I will ask the concierge and report back...We haven’t missed them because we weren’t expecting them!

3 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Mudit was our butler in August, he prepared a great surprise with chocolates for my husband's birthday, very helpful.

He has ‘found’ us more cushions for the balcony, he certainly is helpful! 

We asked him first day if he could leave us a small snack in the chiller each evening to enjoy as we ended our day on the balcony with a cognac. It has been really nice that each day he has arranged something a little different than the day before...

We asked for a cheese plate from Murano, Gene obliged, got us a great selection along with the yummy bread.

Every afternoon there was some type of snack left.  All were very innovation, some were better than others taste wise but I give X credit for trying something new. Thought Gene did a wonderful job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jj6961 said:

We asked for a cheese plate from Murano, Gene obliged, got us a great selection along with the yummy bread.

Every afternoon there was some type of snack left.  All were very innovation, some were better than others taste wise but I give X credit for trying something new. Thought Gene did a wonderful job.

You have reminded me of the wonderful cheese selection in Murano’s! Perhaps on our next visit we will ask for a doggie bag as I struggle to manage three courses as it is!

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

You have reminded me of the wonderful cheese selection in Murano’s! Perhaps on our next visit we will ask for a doggie bag as I struggle to manage three courses as it is!

Great idea.  We had the cheese sent back to the suite and enjoyed it so much the next afternoon that we asked Gene if he could get it that night for the next afternoon, he never said no.  Any robe update?  😃

Yes, I'll be interested in any robe update. Need to decide how much room to leave in our luggage or how many totes to pack.  All indications are that they should be provided, whether gray or brown. I'll be contacting our shore side concierge on Tuesday after a few thing at home clarify and will report back. In the meantime thanks for al the other great ideas, including the cheese from Muranos.

14 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Yes, I'll be interested in any robe update. Need to decide how much room to leave in our luggage or how many totes to pack.  All indications are that they should be provided, whether gray or brown. I'll be contacting our shore side concierge on Tuesday after a few thing at home clarify and will report back. In the meantime thanks for al the other great ideas, including the cheese from Muranos.

Didn’t see him last night, will find out today. We did ask our friends (also in a RS) and they didn’t have robes either so it isn’t just us that has been forgotten...

Wonderful meal in Tuscan last night...

We were seated by the window as we sailed out of St Thomas...Through the course of the meal light changed to dusk, to dark, we saw the lights come on and the island disappear....We love dining in Tuscan on nights we are leaving ports. 

Service again excellent. The Sommelier once again matched our wines perfectly to our starters and mains. The wine we had with our crab cakes was really nice, we took a picture of the label and intend to try to get a bottle to take home with us. My husband couldn’t resist having a filet mignon again as it had been so tender and well cooked on our last visit...Once again a lovely piece of meat cooked to perfection. I don’t know if it is owing to supplies but the meat quality on board seems better than we experienced last year in the Mediterranean...My son and I tried two different pastas, very nice but very filling....My only regret in Tuscan is that they no longer do that wonderful mushroom ravioli and do any of you remember their chocolate fondue? Never mind, plenty of other options!

I asked the waiter if it was possible to get the recipe for their fantastic Cannellini Fagioli...It starts with 1.5lbs of cannellini beans so we will need to scale down! After our last cruise I tried a few recipes and didn’t come close, hopefully this winter we will be able to enjoy this wonderful rustic soup at home....It may not taste quite as nice, however, without our wonderful waiter Nidem (need him) serving and no wake view...

22 hours ago, cangelmd said:

He was our butler as well in August. 

Chemmo, if you would be so kind to tells Mudit the tall couple with the wife’s sister on the B2B 8/24 & 8/31 say hello, Same to “D” if he happens to be your room attendant. 

Enjoy the the rest of your cruise!

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

Just had a thought...Have those of you that have been given robes always found them on the bed boarding? Just wondering if on some ships they leave them as a gift on a chic night....

Robes were on the bed at boarding  Equinox August 24th sailing.  

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

wonderful mushroom ravioli and do any of you remember their chocolate fondue

Those were my two favorite dishes there. They were two unique items not found elsewhere. I do have to say that the Le Petit Chef and Friends version of LPC has Five Cheese Truffled Ravioli (with mushrooms and a wonderful sauce) that is as good as the mushroom ravioli from Tuscan, IMO.

image.png.1c2adf27072fb86c95844ca98737fb65.png

Edited by vtcruising

15 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Those were my two favorite dishes there. They were two unique items not found elsewhere. I do have to say that the Le Petit Chef and Friends version of LPC has Five Cheese Truffled Ravioli (with mushrooms and a wonderful sauce) that is as good as the mushroom ravioli from Tuscan, IMO.

image.png.1c2adf27072fb86c95844ca98737fb65.png

Yes, we enjoyed this two nights ago but still wanted the little French Chef to win!

Re the robes!

Just spoken to the concierge, Saber. Monogrammed robes are still available on request for RS. We have asked for one for our son. They were finding that many guests were simply leaving them behind. Being monogrammed they could not then be reused. I can totally understand this with luggage restrictions and the fact that many of us find they are not a perfect fit!

So when you board, just let the concierge know you want them. If you want them to be on the bed as a ‘surprise’ for your better half then I suggest you forward your request to the shoreside concierge.

I am fairly sure it is only two per suite so if, like us, you are travelling as a three/four party let them know which initials you want.

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, CruiseLifeIsTheBest said:

He was our butler as well in August. 

Chemmo, if you would be so kind to tells Mudit the tall couple with the wife’s sister on the B2B 8/24 & 8/31 say hello, Same to “D” if he happens to be your room attendant. 

Enjoy the the rest of your cruise!

I will try to remember!

• Thanks 1