Looks like Serenade is being diverted, question . . .

I'm booked on the Serenade boarding tomorrow.  The cruise was/is to Bermuda, 7 nights.  However, given the path of Hurricane Jerry I suspected that we might be diverted.  Today on the RCCL app, our day 2 (which was to be a sea day) is now changed to Portland Maine.  Day 3 still shows arriving at Bermuda, though that seems nonsensical given that the ship would be arriving exactly at the storms height on the island.  So, I figure they are changing the itinerary as we speak.  I figure it'll be roughly the Maine/Canada route that alternates with the Bermuda route - which isn't ideal but I'm okay with on the whole.

Which beings me to my question about being on a cruise that gets diverted.  I have heard that RCCL will usually offer a discount in the event of this happening.  I'd appreciate any advice or experiences that people have had in this event.

Thanks in advance, happy cruising!!

While I understand we have no control of the weather it would be nice if RC could confirm our route just so I know what type of clothes to pack! 😁  Right now I have a little bit of everything in my suitcase. 

In in all honesty we will have a great time wherever we go!!

1 minute ago, Ivey01 said:

While I understand we have no control of the weather it would be nice if RC could confirm our route just so I know what type of clothes to pack! 😁  Right now I have a little bit of everything in my suitcase. 

In in all honesty we will have a great time wherever we go!!

Yeah, me also!  I'm just curious if anyone here has any guidance regarding if RCCL offers a discount on the cruise based upon the change.  I've read elsewhere that RCCL does, so I'm just wondering if anyone here had any guidance.

44 minutes ago, captainannoyed! said:

...  I have heard that RCCL will usually offer a discount in the event of this happening. ...

Any ports that you miss will give you a refund on port taxes.  Beyond that, it's up to the cruise line.  Might get some onboard credit, might get some amount as a Future Cruise Credit. 

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Any ports that you miss will give you a refund on port taxes.  Beyond that, it's up to the cruise line.  Might get some onboard credit, might get some amount as a Future Cruise Credit. 

Plus you might get nothing, as far as money..........Might just get an hour of open bar. It's pretty much whatever they decide to do or not do. Not really any option on your part.

Storms change direction frequently, sometimes within hours. Trying to keep track of Dorian was confusingly difficult. We finally cancelled our cruise because Dorian couldn't make up its mind and we had no idea when it would be safe to drive to Miami. I think cruise !ines do their best with the information they're given but it is difficult for them to firmly commit. 

You have a great attitude about enjoying your cruise no matter where you end up😊

On the bright side Maine is beautiful

We've had minor port changes on several cruises.  Since all were weather related no compensation was offered beyond the refund of port fees (very minor).  No compensation was expected either as I appreciate the cruise line keeping us safe.