Sky Princess- need help with Aft Penthouse location

Luckybee

A few weeks ago we booked an aft starboard penthouse on the Riviera deck for a NY to Lauderdale cruise (though we're disembarking earlier in Aruba). We chose that suite because we thought we'd get the most afternoon sun on our balcony and we based that choice of off youtube videos(and reading threads) of other ships in the same class. For us the idea of lying out in the sun on our own balcony vs having to lay by the pool etc. was a big factor in our choice.

Now when Im seeing new photos/videos of the sky the aft looks different and it may be that the Riviera deck aft suite may not have as large of an uncovered balcony as it looked on first blush. On the other hand the Dolphin deck aft balconies look much larger(though it could be photo angles creating an optical illusion) and more uncovered and the dolphin portside suite is still available.

What is confusing the heck out of me is that there is only a 2 sq foot difference though on the princess site between the 2 suites.

For those in the know....which would you choose Dolphin port or Riviera Starboard mainly considering tanning on your balcony in the afternoon on sea days ???

Edited by Luckybee

I was told that there are partial covering of the aft balcony cabins on the Dolphin and Baja decks.  ( 9 and 11 ), and 10, 12, an d 14 were totally exposed.  Not sure if that pertains to the suites as well or if it is even true, (looks like it is true), but we booked an aft balcony on Dolphin deck for that reason!  

John..

Thanks for that...your photo was one of the things that I saw this week that we were factoring in . I appreciate the input. We changed to D726 . We wanted the other side of the ship so that we could get the sunsets from New york to SXM but d727 was taken. Guess we'll have to tough it out ...lol.

When we booked for next Nov. there were no owners suites available....I didnt even know they had them.

Edited by Luckybee
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...