Chill Island Cabana not worth it right now

mcatmcat

• Clarea changed the title to Chill Island Cabana not worth it right now
1 hour ago, vanesssss said:

We were there last Monday in cabana #5 and it didn't look anything like this. The rough seas from all of the storms coming through the last few days must have churned up a lot of it.

Glad to hear that! We are there one week from today & have a cabana booked. I've been concerned about keeping the reservation. Hopefully things will be back to normal by then!

4 hours ago, RazorbackIslandGirl said:

Glad to hear that! We are there one week from today & have a cabana booked. I've been concerned about keeping the reservation. Hopefully things will be back to normal by then!

Unfortunately there are more storms out there, but I don't know if it will affect the amount of seaweed or not. Hopefully there won't be any or very little when you're there.

• Like 1

We were on a land vacation in South Florida a couple weeks ago and the beaches looked terrible.  Locals said it was from Dorian churning up the water.  We didn't complain to anyone as it was nothing compared to what happened in the Bahamas.

Please share more info about the Chill Island Cabana's. I have one reserved for next month.

Your picture gives me some level of expectation, but something I can prepare to live with.

I'm not cancelling because of some seaweed.

What about the crowds? the location, the noise, the food and beverages?

2 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Please share more info about the Chill Island Cabana's. I have one reserved for next month.

Your picture gives me some level of expectation, but something I can prepare to live with.

I'm not cancelling because of some seaweed.

What about the crowds? the location, the noise, the food and beverages?

The crowds were non-existent, since the workers at the check-in shack were turning away anyone who tried to walk down the beach who did not have a cabana.  The location is good, in a sheltered cove with your own private beach.  It is not too far a walk from the entrance, but is a bit out of the way.  The noise was very minimal, but that might change based on the mix of the clientele during your visit.  The food and beverage from the menu they provided was not that good.  I would venture to one of the restaurants rather than rely on the cabana attendant to bring you food.  The attendant was good at getting drinks for us, though, and she was able to bypass the long line at the bar that was close by.

I had cabana number 5 and I agree with Jahannah, noise is minimal no one can get in the cabana section unless you have one. I noticed that only 50% of the cabanas were booked. There is a pager in each cabana so you can page your attender, there is a mini safe ( i didnt know about it before) the lunch menu is weak in my opinion we end up eating lunch at the regular lunch area. You can walk or wait for the tram to go around all cococay until it gets to the cabana we opted to walk it was less than 10 mins but took the tram for out way back. To be honest this was my 3rd time booking a cabana and I dont think I will do it again, I see a reductions of perks for booking a cabana I guess they want more people booking the newest cabanas that are coming in December instead of chill island. btw no one was in the sand/ water the entire day most people went to the beach area near the floating bar ( I dont remember the name of that beach )

Edited by mcatmcat

We also had cabana #5 but didn't have a pager to page out attendant but all but maybe 4 or 5 cabanas were booked. The location was great and things were relatively quiet besides the speaker our neighbors were blasting music from. It was a good mix of songs so we didn't totally mind. It kept us dry when a rain storm came through mid-morning. Most people from our party and the nearby cabanas spent most of the day in the water in the cove or playing in the sand. Service was convenient but could have been quicker but we were there via Harmony so I know they were busy. We got it for a steal when I booked it for $399 nearly a year ago but not sure I'd pay the $1400 it was going for the few months before we sailed. 

Edited by vanesssss

We are traveling in a group and have registered for a Cabana Christmas week. Need some clarifications.  Discussion here said that they only let Cabana renters to enter the designated beach.  How is this monitored?  How do they know?  Are they watching the number of people using the cabana as we have 2 plus?  Did you snorkel at this beach?When are the new cabanas available?

Thank you for any info.

1 minute ago, OC PAT said:

We are traveling in a group and have registered for a Cabana Christmas week. Need some clarifications.  Discussion here said that they only let Cabana renters to enter the designated beach.  How is this monitored?  How do they know?  Are they watching the number of people using the cabana as we have 2 plus?  Did you snorkel at this beach?When are the new cabanas available?

Thank you for any info.

THose who have access are issues wristbands.  Only some certain number of wristbands are issued per cabana.

We were on Symphony last week with a stop at CocoCay Friday (the 20th).  All shore excursions were cancelled due to the weather. We did; however, opt to keep our chill island cabana. We had # 8...perfect location.  The weather was lousy..high winds and rain.  The one thing we noticed was that cabanas 1-4 had water and black seaweed/grass not only up to the "porch" but

even running under the cabanas...not a pretty site.  There was a "buzzer" to signal the attendant for food/drinks.  Towels, bottled water were provided.

On 9/26/2019 at 12:24 PM, Host Clarea said:

THose who have access are issues wristbands.  Only some certain number of wristbands are issued per cabana.

I had a cabana at Oasis Lagoon earlier this week, there were 8 adults and a toddler in our party, they issue a wristband to each adult, they didn't give us any issues taking the little guy in. While I only walked past the Chill Island cabanas, they are significantly quieter than Oasis Lagoon, since the OLs are pretty close to the pool. If you are okay with the music though, those cabanas are AWESOME. Also, since Oasis Lagoon is in the new part of CocoCay, the cabanas are also fresh and new looking.

• 3 weeks later...