Why don't I get notifications of posts?

We recently booked a cruise, and I joined the roll call. I am subscribed to it for immediate notification. But there have been a few replies to the roll call since then without me getting the notifications by e-mail. Why? And is there anything I can do to correct this? I did check, and I am subscribed.

(I also just checked off notify me of replies for this thread.)

10 hours ago, broberts said:

Have you received any notification emails? 

Have you checked settings of the email column on the bottom part of your notification settings screen?

I did not get a notification for this reply despite (and I checked), I am down for immediate notification.

I only seem to get notifications when someone quotes me,

8 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I did not get a notification for this reply despite (and I checked), I am down for immediate notification.

I only seem to get notifications when someone quotes me,

What are your settings in the lower half of Notification Settings? (If you make any changes there is a Save button below the list that must be used.)

image.thumb.png.068eb98ca5727a6287525ebe162883d9.png

I believe Someone comments on something I follow has to be enabled to receive notifications for non-referencing comments posted in a followed thread.

I believe that New content for things I follow causes notifications for new topics in followed forums.

From your post it appears that Someone quotes a comment or post I made is set correctly.

Someone gives a reputation to something I posted will generate a notification when someone Likes (Laughs or Thanks) a post you have made.

6 hours ago, broberts said:

What are your settings in the lower half of Notification Settings? (If you make any changes there is a Save button below the list that must be used.)

image.thumb.png.068eb98ca5727a6287525ebe162883d9.png

I believe Someone comments on something I follow has to be enabled to receive notifications for non-referencing comments posted in a followed thread.

I believe that New content for things I follow causes notifications for new topics in followed forums.

From your post it appears that Someone quotes a comment or post I made is set correctly.

Someone gives a reputation to something I posted will generate a notification when someone Likes (Laughs or Thanks) a post you have made.

I don't see any settings at the bottom. Plus as far as I know I only should be getting notifications (other than someone quoted me or reacted to me) from this thread and my roll call, but now I see every thread is marked for immediate notification. This happened before, and I fixed it, but  now seems to be unfixed. Other than being able to hover over a topic and check it out before reading, everything about this "upgrade" sucks.

On 9/23/2019 at 11:52 AM, ontheweb said:

Didn't I already say that?

Since that section is standard I just wanted to confirm that you are not seeing it. Perhaps we are talking about different Notification Settings screens. 

To get to the one I am talking about click on the Bell button. Then on the Notification Settings link in the top right corner of the window that pops.

image.png.b90f515cb55b57d7272907949c6fbc76.png

13 hours ago, broberts said:

Since that section is standard I just wanted to confirm that you are not seeing it. Perhaps we are talking about different Notification Settings screens. 

To get to the one I am talking about click on the Bell button. Then on the Notification Settings link in the top right corner of the window that pops.

image.png.b90f515cb55b57d7272907949c6fbc76.png

OK, I see what you are talking about when clicking on the bell. But, IIRC, before this update we received e-mail notification if we checked instant notification. That is what I am missing.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

OK, I see what you are talking about when clicking on the bell. But, IIRC, before this update we received e-mail notification if we checked instant notification. That is what I am missing.

A number of people have reported changes in notification settings that they did not initiate. It is possible that your settings got reset somehow.

If, for example, the email setting of "New content for things I follow" is turned off the user will not receive email notifications for new posts, (that do not quote the user), in a thread regardless of the Following settings in threads.