Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I will try these as they look very interesting. Some like them others hate them but I'm willing to give it a go. I like softer rolls better than hard. Thanks for the picture.

I love them, but they are hard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marci22 said:

 

What is salad cream? 

 

Apparently watered down, tangy, Miracle Whip 

 

Oops, to slow. Drat

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Make sure you ask for the sauce on the side for lobster

 

I learned my lesson.  I think the sauce is awful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

My favorite is actually store bought. The King Hawaiian Sweet Rolls. Nice and doughy I could eat those all day long.

sweet roll.jpg

 

These look really soft and delicious!  Not available in Canada 😞

Please tell me you love butter on bread as much as I do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

My favorite is actually store bought. The King Hawaiian Sweet Rolls. Nice and doughy I could eat those all day long.

sweet roll.jpg

 

I'm using these tonight for cheese steak sandwiches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, red-dragon said:

Please tell me you love butter on bread as much as I do?

Absolutely the more the better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, nalatrixie74 said:

Do they still have the pumpkin seed rolls? 

 

Sometimes 

20190824_093619.thumb.jpg.edc10230f56f6477f49916117cbae1b9.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've really enjoyed reading through everyone's comments, and wanted to throw a few more questions into the mix.

 

I sometimes have a sensitive stomach, and eating richly decadent meals day after day can sometimes be overwhelming. I also suffer from acid reflux and sometimes I just need a 'lighter' meal. 

 

One of my go-to favourites used to be the salmon with some mashed potatoes which was always on the menu -- however, now it's 'fish of the day' and the 'fish' is not always salmon. Do you think if I asked for salmon, even if that isn't the fish that day, I'd likely be accommodated?

 

I also sometimes crave something really basic like macaroni and cheese, something I imagine would be part of the kids menu but really I have no idea -- does anyone know more about the kids menu offerings or whether or not mac and cheese is ever served in the MDR?

 

I appreciate your responses, and I'm sorry if these are stupid questions. We try to be as easy going as possible and stick to the menu, but I do also sometimes find myself struggling to find a dish that will settle my stomach vs unsettle it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, londongal796 said:

I've really enjoyed reading through everyone's comments, and wanted to throw a few more questions into the mix.

 

I sometimes have a sensitive stomach, and eating richly decadent meals day after day can sometimes be overwhelming. I also suffer from acid reflux and sometimes I just need a 'lighter' meal. 

 

One of my go-to favourites used to be the salmon with some mashed potatoes which was always on the menu -- however, now it's 'fish of the day' and the 'fish' is not always salmon. Do you think if I asked for salmon, even if that isn't the fish that day, I'd likely be accommodated?

 

I also sometimes crave something really basic like macaroni and cheese, something I imagine would be part of the kids menu but really I have no idea -- does anyone know more about the kids menu offerings or whether or not mac and cheese is ever served in the MDR?

 

I appreciate your responses, and I'm sorry if these are stupid questions. We try to be as easy going as possible and stick to the menu, but I do also sometimes find myself struggling to find a dish that will settle my stomach vs unsettle it!

 

Keep in mind, as long as you let your head waiter know ahead of time, like the night before, you can request almost anything, without limits, and they'll accommodate you. Remember, I said "almost".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes it's all about the relationship you make with the waitstaff...I went on Explorer with my aunt and her elderly parents and they asked if there were crab cakes on board for my aunt's father (who passed a few months after the trip so this was his last vacation).  They went to the kitchen to ask and there were no crab cakes on the entire ship.  But the next night at dinner, the chef took the request and made crab cakes from scratch just for him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2019 at 12:43 PM, gdy0354 said:

I am a fan of cold soups, which most cruise line have stopped serving. 

first night on Allure of the Seas I asked the head waiter

 to ask the chef if he could make them for me. Next nine nights they freshly made different cold soups. Melon,peach,strawberry,blueberry, cucumber, etc.

All were delicious. Just ask politely. Asked for double kids banana split for adult, no problem.

 

 

 

Good to know! We will definitely be trying this on our upcoming cruise. My hubby loves cold soups and was sad to hear they'd taken them off the menus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, londongal796 said:

I've really enjoyed reading through everyone's comments, and wanted to throw a few more questions into the mix.

 

I sometimes have a sensitive stomach, and eating richly decadent meals day after day can sometimes be overwhelming. I also suffer from acid reflux and sometimes I just need a 'lighter' meal. 

 

One of my go-to favourites used to be the salmon with some mashed potatoes which was always on the menu -- however, now it's 'fish of the day' and the 'fish' is not always salmon. Do you think if I asked for salmon, even if that isn't the fish that day, I'd likely be accommodated?

 

I also sometimes crave something really basic like macaroni and cheese, something I imagine would be part of the kids menu but really I have no idea -- does anyone know more about the kids menu offerings or whether or not mac and cheese is ever served in the MDR?

 

I appreciate your responses, and I'm sorry if these are stupid questions. We try to be as easy going as possible and stick to the menu, but I do also sometimes find myself struggling to find a dish that will settle my stomach vs unsettle it!

Just off Allure recently.

Salmon was one of the every night options for the entire week.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Sometimes 

20190824_093619.thumb.jpg.edc10230f56f6477f49916117cbae1b9.jpg

 

 

A few years back I mentioned to the waiter that I loved the pumpkin seeds on the roll and he saw me picking them off and nibbling on them.    Every night for the rest of the cruise there was a bowl of just pumpkin seeds there for me along side the bread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 3eaglesfam said:

 

 

A few years back I mentioned to the waiter that I loved the pumpkin seeds on the roll and he saw me picking them off and nibbling on them.    Every night for the rest of the cruise there was a bowl of just pumpkin seeds there for me along side the bread.

 

Mariner Odyssey. Our waiter noticed the same thing😉

20180506_173821.thumb.jpg.ef842f369a6fffdce9f48a4c486301da.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TinaJoy said:

 

Good to know! We will definitely be trying this on our upcoming cruise. My hubby loves cold soups and was sad to hear they'd taken them off the menus. 

We have asked for the cold soups every cruise since they took them off the menus, and with the exception of boarding night, they were happy to deliver them to our table nightly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now all of you have me thinking.  I have craved beef wellington every cruise since it was taken off the menu years ago.  Wonder if that would be a request that could be accommodated.  We travel as a group of 20 usually, so I am sure many of them would be interested in that too, so as they did not have to make just a single portion for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2019 at 1:43 PM, gdy0354 said:

I am a fan of cold soups, which most cruise line have stopped serving. 

first night on Allure of the Seas I asked the head waiter

 to ask the chef if he could make them for me. Next nine nights they freshly made different cold soups. Melon,peach,strawberry,blueberry, cucumber, etc.

All were delicious. Just ask politely. Asked for double kids banana split for adult, no problem.

 

 

I LOVE cold soups, and so does our youngest daughter.  As a matter of fact, we don't like hot soups, at all.  I think I will be asking our waiter what kind of cold soup might be available each night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...