Sushi On 5

KateWes

So my husband and I always love to book the all you can eat lunch at Sushi on 5 rather than the al la carte menu. 

Its always a bummer that you can’t pre book this through the dinner reservation system (as far as I’m aware.)

what prices has everyone gotten on board for this? We managed to get a great $30 each price on the equinox last year. It was later in the cruise and the guy had dropped the price considerably.

We haven’t been on X before, is this actual Sushi or is it 10 variations on a California roll? NCL has been the only line i have been on to offer actual sushi (Princess did in limited fashion) vs everyone else that serves artificial crab meat with rice a seaweed and portraying that as sushi.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I am interested in this buffet lunch, would you say the quality is just as good as having dinner there?  Anybody know the time lunch would be served there and is it only on sea/port days?

I believe it’s on every day (I think). And it’s between 12pm-2pm

We have gotten $30 per person on Equinox as well and it was the most amazing food experience on a ship to date!  I think it started out as $35 per person at the beginning of the cruise and went down to $30 later in the week.

On 9/22/2019 at 10:50 AM, Steelers0854 said:

We haven’t been on X before, is this actual Sushi or is it 10 variations on a California roll? NCL has been the only line i have been on to offer actual sushi (Princess did in limited fashion) vs everyone else that serves artificial crab meat with rice a seaweed and portraying that as sushi.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The menu offers both maki and sashimi.

On 9/22/2019 at 1:43 AM, KateWes said:

...Its always a bummer that you can’t pre book this through the dinner reservation system (as far as I’m aware.)....

I am curious as to why this is a "bummer". I have never seen this restaurant crowded - it is always almost completely empty, except for some officer's tables and a few scattered passenger tables. 

Are there some advantages for you to pre-booking this restaurant in advance?

4 hours ago, SFCAcruiser said:

I am curious as to why this is a "bummer". I have never seen this restaurant crowded - it is always almost completely empty, except for some officer's tables and a few scattered passenger tables. 

Are there some advantages for you to pre-booking this restaurant in advance?

We were on B2B trip in August and a Sushi on Five was constantly full. Finally made a reservation through our waiter and enjoyed lunch during the 2nd week. 

2 hours ago, Steelers0854 said:

That’s great! Hope they have it on the Summit. I have some OBC to burn.

We were just on the Summit, and had a wonderful dinner at Sushi on 5.  Excellent food and service. Same on the Silhouette last year.  Yet the place was always empty. 

We go to So5 on Embarkation day for lunch and generally for lunch throughout the cruises.  The all you can eat price is tempting but we usually do Ala-carte because we cannot eat that much and doesn't cost any more.

We always enjoy our Spicy Mangotini's which aren't available at any other restaurant. They come out of the WCB.

So5 is rarely busy for lunch and it is open every day.  We do notice that sometimes there are more officers than passengers.

Towards the end of the cruise it always gets busier as everyone is trying to use up cruise credits. We usually add up the remaining and give it as a tip.

• Like 1

Curious about the "all you can eat" discounts... is there a way you can sign up for notifications? Or is it just a random thing where they happen to come up to your table at the buffet or something? 

Also... for Sake Fans: 
I noticed Snow Maiden Junmai Nigori is $6/serving or $29/bottle? Is that covered under premium beverage package?

How does one go about getting a bottle (for simplicity).... sake is generally best enjoyed by the bottle rather than having to order round after round of small cups. 

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Icon901 said:

Curious about the "all you can eat" discounts... is there a way you can sign up for notifications? Or is it just a random thing where they happen to come up to your table at the buffet or something? 

They are usually standing in the front of the buffet area also,  so if they do not come to your table, look for one of them..  Or go directly to the restaurant and look at the menu..  they will come out and you can make a deal with them..  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Icon901 said:

Curious about the "all you can eat" discounts... is there a way you can sign up for notifications? Or is it just a random thing where they happen to come up to your table at the buffet or something? ....

I agree with Micheleata"s response - the "all you can eat" offer is generally not publicized but is more of a discreet private arrangement. They will sometimes also offer a 30% discount as an alternative to the AYCE deal and we found this to be more economical for us. Even though we love sushi and the other menu items, we do not spend $60 for the two of us with the 30% discount. See which deal works best for you. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SFCAcruiser said:

I agree with Micheleata"s response - the "all you can eat" offer is generally not publicized but is more of a discreet private arrangement. They will sometimes also offer a 30% discount as an alternative to the AYCE deal and we found this to be more economical for us. Even though we love sushi and the other menu items, we do not spend $60 for the two of us with the 30% discount. See which deal works best for you. 

Our recent dinner on the Summit was 30% off; we had a ton of food and it did not come to $60.  The place is usually so empty it’s not unusual to get that discount. I just walked up one day in the afternoon and said we’d like to eat dinner there that night and what discount could they give us. 

• Like 1