NCL Free/Reduced Air Compilation

tvlworm

54 minutes ago, SSMcruises said:

I started checking daily  to see if my edocs were ready around day 60, and I think they were there done 57??  But the email did not come for another few days.   Our flight info email also came our edocs 

So, you were notified via email??  Right now at 55 days out,  it says my Edocs are ready to download,  then when I click on that, it says they are not ready to be retrieved.  Anyone run into that?

17 minutes ago, 2+2 said:

So, you were notified via email??  Right now at 55 days out,  it says my Edocs are ready to download,  then when I click on that, it says they are not ready to be retrieved.  Anyone run into that?

Yes! Me! Not sure if it’s normal... but I am 71 days out with nothing. Impatiently waiting...

16 minutes ago, 2+2 said:

See my previous response, post #146, this sounds like what happened to me. If you are getting a "new pop up window" when you click on the "download edocs" link then you need to enter you info into the boxes and click the login button in that window. If your flights have been booked then your edocs will show up. I had to try it a few times before it worked, I think it's a glitch on their end causing this pop up window everytime.

I have a question, wanted to ask here before I call NCL.  Has anyone really been told exactly what would happen if the flight NCL booked for you, was cancelled and you do not make it to the Ship?  Does NCL step in and reimburse you for cruise or do you have to depend on your travel insurance.  In our case the next port would be 5 days after the Ship left Vancouver BC.  When booking, I asked the NCL representative I was dealing with and his reply was, "NCL has Control over flights", I tried to assure him no, the airlines only have control, thus, why I am asking here before I try to contact the air phone # for NCL, and try to get a accurate response.  Unless you pay a deviation fee, you get same day flight, which I think is absurd, makes it more risky to get to the Ship on time.  

On 9/22/2019 at 2:00 PM, jsb1015 said:

Home Departure City - Nashville, TN (BNA)

Arrival/Destination City - Montreal (YUL) & shuttle to Quebec City / New York City (EWR)

Airline(s) used - American outbound, United return

Number of Connections - 1 outbound,  nonstop return

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 6:16 am CDT / 1:40 pm EDT

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 8:05 pm EDT / 9:27 pm CDT

Was the Shuttle from Montreal a NCL Transfer, and how long was the drive to Quebec City?

Good news. At 54 days out I received an email to say I could download Edocs. The website had said that for quit some time, but was not able to download them. This time, I was able to download the Edocs and yes the air flight confirmation was included!! The flights and times, are probably the same ones that I would have chosen myself. So my one concern turned out great.  Just a note;  I had to use a link from the Norwegian website (in edocs) to access the airline website to find my flights so I could select my seats. At first when I went directly to the airline website,  it did not recognize my confirmation number.  I now have an airline confirmation number also. All happy and ready to sail.

• Like 1

Thanks for starting this thread! I’m flying from LGA to London round trip in May free with the promo! Final payment is on Jan 18th. I have two staterooms in my party and we are linked together. Hoping we’ll be on the same flights. We elected to deviate air one day prior so we won’t have any issues with missing the ship from Southampton. Am interested in seeing any others flying to Europe, specifically London! 

• Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 4:06 PM, drcarp4 said:

Was the Shuttle from Montreal a NCL Transfer, and how long was the drive to Quebec City?

Yes, it was an NCL transfer.  I can't remember exactly, but I think the drive was about 3 hours.

• Like 1

Spoke with air today. The system automatically books flights 45-65 days out. You cant make any requests to specify time as the system books based off their negotiated contract rates with the carriers. She did state generally they use Delta, United, and American the most. 

I checked on a deviation to come in early. It has to be requested prior to the 65 day mark. 25 dollars for one day, 50 dollars two days early.  Again no requests on flight times with the deviation either. 

This call was in reference to our trip on the Bliss in April. Hope this helps, i cant comment on anything outside of what the helpful agent told me. 

22 minutes ago, toohod said:

Spoke with air today. The system automatically books flights 45-65 days out. You cant make any requests to specify time as the system books based off their negotiated contract rates with the carriers. She did state generally they use Delta, United, and American the most. 

I checked on a deviation to come in early. It has to be requested prior to the 65 day mark. 25 dollars for one day, 50 dollars two days early.  Again no requests on flight times with the deviation either. 

This call was in reference to our trip on the Bliss in April. Hope this helps, i cant comment on anything outside of what the helpful agent told me. 

The $25 should cover a deviation up to two days in length. 

$50 would be for two people or if you are deviating on the front AND back end of the trip. 

I won't have experience to share for a while but we have the NCL airfare perk for flights to Tokyo, but not until November. Hopefully current plans hold and we'll go out on Delta and return on United/partner starting our trip from Newark. 

We had a wonderful experience for Barcelona: Nonstop United from Newark each way.

On 12/20/2019 at 10:39 PM, NW Pacific said:

I have a question, wanted to ask here before I call NCL.  Has anyone really been told exactly what would happen if the flight NCL booked for you, was cancelled and you do not make it to the Ship?  Does NCL step in and reimburse you for cruise or do you have to depend on your travel insurance.  In our case the next port would be 5 days after the Ship left Vancouver BC.  When booking, I asked the NCL representative I was dealing with and his reply was, "NCL has Control over flights", I tried to assure him no, the airlines only have control, thus, why I am asking here before I try to contact the air phone # for NCL, and try to get a accurate response.  Unless you pay a deviation fee, you get same day flight, which I think is absurd, makes it more risky to get to the Ship on time.  

NCL will do nothing if you miss the ship due to the flight being delayed/canceled. There's no guarantees with the promo airfare. Which is why it better to do the deviation. 

Received flight information today along with the edocs.  We are 59 days out.  Our flights from SFO to HON are free and we paid for our round trip air from RI to SFO.  We're fortunate that our son lives in San Francisco so we can stay with them for a few days to help us adjust to the time change.

Home Departure City - San Francisco

Arrival/Destination City - Honolulu

Airline(s) used - UA

Number of Connections - None

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 9:00am/12:39pm

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 2:50pm/11:04pm

Did You Pay for a Deviation (before or after cruise)? Yes $50

# of Days Prior to Departure Flights Were Ticketed? 2

Very happy with flight times.  Does anyone know what type aircraft United uses from SFO to HON?

On 12/19/2019 at 2:30 AM, auntiejanie said:

THANKS to tvlworm for this helpful reference!

Our flight is for a Hong Kong to Singapore cruise.  We received NCL's e-mail confirming our flights approx. 50 days prior to our outbound flight.

Home Departure City - San Francisco, CA

Arrival/Destination City - Hong Kong

Airline(s) used - United

Number of Connections - non-stop

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 10:50pm

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 10:10am (from Singapore)

We paid $50 for an air deviation that gets us in to Hong Kong 2 days prior to embarkation, and we return 1.5 days after disembarkation.

We are on the same cruise and we also fly from San Francisco.  It looks like they gave us the same departing flight as you to get us in two days early, and we also stay in Singapore one extra night, but we have a different return flight.  Did you also get a non-stop returning from Singapore?

Arrival/Destination City - Hong Kong, Return from Singapore

Airline(s) used - United and EVA Air

Number of Connections - departing flight non-stop, returning flight layover in Taipei

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - United: San Francisco 10:50pm/5:55am + 2 days (non-stop) Hong Kong

Return Flight departure/arrival time - EVA AIr: Singapore 1:15pm/5:50pm Taipei, 7:50pm/2:50pm San Francisco

Overall we are very happy with our flights.  Even if we didn't get a non-stop return flight, at least we have a good departure time and short layover.  We can have time for breakfast before heading to the airport.  Not bad for $499 RT each.  The only minor problem is we had to pay $80 total for seat selections on our return flight.  

• Like 1

Home Departure City -  Minneapolis

Arrival/Destination City -  LAX (San Pedro Port)

Airline(s) used -  United/Delta

Number of Connections -  1 

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 5:40 am/9:34 am Connecting thru Denver

Return Flight departure/arrival time -  7:19 PM - 5:34 AM  Connecting thru Seattle

Did You Pay for a Deviation (before or after cruise)? Yes

# of Days Prior to Departure Flights Were Ticketed? 54 Days

This is the third time using the free or discounted air promo    Two out of the three times our flight times have been direct or really good departure times and we were super happy.   This time not so much.   We in turn used our airline points and booked direct flights with times that worked better for our schedules.   Sometimes FREE is awesome sometimes it's not as good as you would like.    

• Like 1

I’m still deciding if I’m going to keep my discounted air to Tokyo or cancel it. If you deviate to arrive a day early can you still use the NCL transfers to get to the port? I’m assuming I’d have to go back to the airport to get the transfer?

We took advantage of the free air also.  I was curious about the same thing, but are planning to arrive a day early.  I was concerned about the layover time also, but checked with possible flights and I am hoping that I have adequate time. 

We have not received flight details yet, but fly out early July 2020.

Home Departure City - PDX (Porland, Oregon)

Arrival/Destination City - Copenhagen

Airline(s) used - not set yet

Number of Connections - not set yet

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time -

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 

Did You Pay for a Deviation (before or after cruise)? Before

# of Days Prior to Departure Flights Were Ticketed?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zippeedee said:

I’m still deciding if I’m going to keep my discounted air to Tokyo or cancel it. If you deviate to arrive a day early can you still use the NCL transfers to get to the port? I’m assuming I’d have to go back to the airport to get the transfer?

You can still take the NCL transfers.  Yes, you need to go back to the airport.

On 1/8/2020 at 6:42 PM, Lou33 said:

We are on the same cruise and we also fly from San Francisco.  It looks like they gave us the same departing flight as you to get us in two days early, and we also stay in Singapore one extra night, but we have a different return flight.  Did you also get a non-stop returning from Singapore?

Arrival/Destination City - Hong Kong, Return from Singapore

Airline(s) used - United and EVA Air

Number of Connections - departing flight non-stop, returning flight layover in Taipei

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - United: San Francisco 10:50pm/5:55am + 2 days (non-stop) Hong Kong

Return Flight departure/arrival time - EVA AIr: Singapore 1:15pm/5:50pm Taipei, 7:50pm/2:50pm San Francisco

Overall we are very happy with our flights.  Even if we didn't get a non-stop return flight, at least we have a good departure time and short layover.  We can have time for breakfast before heading to the airport.  Not bad for $499 RT each.  The only minor problem is we had to pay $80 total for seat selections on our return flight.  

Hello Lou33, Yes our return flight is non-stop from Singapore to SFO, but I  like  your more more leisurely  departure time.  Whoops!  I just noticed I did not provide complete info.  Will go back and try to fill in the blanks.

On 12/19/2019 at 2:30 AM, auntiejanie said:

Hi tvlworm, I've now included my arrival times which I neglected to include during my initial go-round.  Thanks for the update on my entry if you have the chance.

Our flight is for a Hong Kong to Singapore cruise.  We received NCL's e-mail confirming our flights approx. 50 days prior to our outbound flight.

Arrival/Destination City - Hong Kong

Airline(s) used - United

Number of Connections - non-stop

Outbound Flight departure/arrival time - 10:50pm/5:55am

Return Flight departure/arrival time - 10:10am/8:45am (from Singapore to SFO)

We paid $50 for an air deviation that gets us in to Hong Kong 2 days prior to embarkation, and we return 1.5 days after disembarkation.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, auntiejanie said:

Auntiejanie,  You were very lucky to get that non-stop return flight home.  I see that flight is currently selling for $972 one-way each.  And you don't need to pay for seat selection with United.  When you say that you return 1.5 days after disembarkation, does that mean that you stay one extra night in a hotel?  Or two extra nights in a hotel?   Did you pay $50 total for air deviation? or $100 total?  We'll see you next month at SFO😊