Diamond beverage perks in lounge only on Symphony?

On the Crown & Anchor benefits page (https: //www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/discover-cruise-holidays/crown-anchor see footnote 7) it states that there will be *no* "Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event" (3 drink vouchers on SeaPass card during Happy Hour) when the ship has a Diamond Club/lounge, but posters here are saying you can have 1 or 2 drinks in the lounge and then get more elsewhere with the SeaPass vouchers. Is this one of those things where policy varies from ship to ship? Or does it vary based on how many Diamond/Plus/Pinnacle members on the sailing? Sailing on Symphony in November & first time as a Diamond so not sure what to expect!

24 minutes ago, gardening_diva said:

On the Crown & Anchor benefits page (https: //www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/discover-cruise-holidays/crown-anchor see footnote 7) it states that there will be *no* "Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event" (3 drink vouchers on SeaPass card during Happy Hour) when the ship has a Diamond Club/lounge, but posters here are saying you can have 1 or 2 drinks in the lounge and then get more elsewhere with the SeaPass vouchers. Is this one of those things where policy varies from ship to ship? Or does it vary based on how many Diamond/Plus/Pinnacle members on the sailing? Sailing on Symphony in November & first time as a Diamond so not sure what to expect!

That information is so out of date..... and I mean the Nightly Diamond Event was introduced in Sept 2009.....!!!  All ships bar the small ones  (Empress or Majesty) have a dedicated DL.

You can go to the DL on Symphony which is on deck 4 between the hours of 4.30-8.00 and have unlimited drinks and/or you can go to any bar and have 3 drinks off the same menu during the same hours.   You can also get your drinks in the dining room.

6 minutes ago, gardening_diva said:

I guess Royal don't update their website very often then! 🙂

Unfortunately there are still a few very outdated pages of info on Royal's website.  See if you can find the term "honor bar" on their website.  That concept has not been around for at least 10 years.

We had about 50 yesterday during “happy hour” in the Diamond/Diamond Plus lounge on Symphony last night...and just 2 waiters.  We waited awhile, and the waiters never even made it to our side of the room. Finally decided to forgo the “free” drinks in the lounge and went to the Schooner bar instead to use the loaded drinks on our card.  The munchies in the DL were great, the diamonds just outnumbered the waiters by about 25 to 1. Not sure what we’ll do tonight.  

Edited by CCC3

Vouchers loaded on sea pass cards are honored at specialty restaurants, showrooms and MDR as well as all bars. For top shelf Martinis head to the Wonderland bar and lounge, small but nice. unless things have changed in Wonderland they serve no bottom rung alcohol and bartender seemed to have no limits on drink varieties . 

1 hour ago, CCC3 said:

We had about 50 yesterday during “happy hour” in the Diamond/Diamond Plus lounge on Symphony last night...and just 2 waiters.  We waited awhile, and the waiters never even made it to our side of the room. Finally decided to forgo the “free” drinks in the lounge and went to the Schooner bar instead to use the loaded drinks on our card.  The munchies in the DL were great, the diamonds just outnumbered the waiters by about 25 to 1. Not sure what we’ll do tonight.  

So many waiters in Dizzy’s ( over spill of Diamond Lounge on Explorer) that we wondered if they were given tips for each drink served.

2 hours ago, CCC3 said:

Went tonight...doors to DL are closed!  A lady told us she had just got off the phone w/guest relations, and was told that they closed the DL for a private party!  😬 No alternate location, just cancelled the entire 3.5 hours!   She also mentioned the lack of service last night as well.  Kind of a shame they couldn’t have let people know last night it would not be open today.  

Edited by CCC3

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

Vouchers loaded on sea pass cards are honored at specialty restaurants, showrooms and MDR as well as all bars. For top shelf Martinis head to the Wonderland bar and lounge, small but nice. unless things have changed in Wonderland they serve no bottom rung alcohol and bartender seemed to have no limits on drink varieties . 

Can you go there (the bar) even if you aren’t dining there?

3 hours ago, CCC3 said:

That is how it was on the Symphony last December.  

I think I would be kind of upset if I chose to go to the DL and found it were closed for a private party.  To me, part of being Diamond Plus, is the access to the DL, should I decide to go there.

We don't go to the DL every night, and sometimes only once or twice during a cruise, but I though that was part of our benefits.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCC3 said:

Went tonight...doors to DL are closed!  A lady told us she had just got off the phone w/guest relations, and was told that they closed the DL for a private party!  😬 No alternate location, just cancelled the entire 3.5 hours!   She also mentioned the lack of service last night as well.  Kind of a shame they couldn’t have let people know last night it would not be open today.  

Something doesn't seem right. I would be posting/messaging on the Royal  website and calling the Diamond Desk tomorrow morning and stopping at Guest Relations tonight to see what the problem was.

9 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

Something doesn't seem right. I would be posting/messaging on the Royal  website and calling the Diamond Desk tomorrow morning and stopping at Guest Relations tonight to see what the problem was.

We tried to call the Diamond concierge last night (5:30pm) and it rang about 30x and never even went to voice mail!   Lines are loooooong at guest service right now, with us changing routes and people wanting to change/book new excursions and check on refunds (although you can access that from your tv!  😄). So perhaps tomorrow we can check. 

6 minutes ago, CCC3 said:

We tried to call the Diamond concierge last night (5:30pm) and it rang about 30x and never even went to voice mail!   Lines are loooooong at guest service right now, with us changing routes and people wanting to change/book new excursions and check on refunds (although you can access that from your tv!  😄). So perhaps tomorrow we can check. 

Yeah, I was going to add: when the line is down... I'm pretty sure that the Hotel Director would be the person responsible for closing the Diamond Lounge.

Edited by bilyclub

6 minutes ago, CCC3 said:

Something really seems off. On our Symphony TA they used the DL, The Attic and Jazz on 4 every night for happy hour.  There was no slowdown in service at all and drinks were flowing like water.  Have seen someone post on here that the DL may become the D+ lounge. Hope you get some good info. enjoy your cruise. 

No problems on our Symphony Feb. sail in getting in the DL or getting drinks in theatre, bars, MDR. etc. 

Also, was able to get the same during the D happy hour on our August 29th Anthem cruise.  Wasn't available  on our August  '18  or prior Anthem cruises.

55 minutes ago, jeanneful said:

DO they add a tip on the 3 drinks on the card? Or do you just tip them youyrself

No tip added for the 3 drinks. We also give cash  I'm guessing they would give you a zero bill to sign for the tip if you don't have cash

Edited by molly361