Suite/Elite Evening Event

jamesnnb

12 minutes ago, jamesnnb said:

Does anyone have a recent Suite/Elite evening event menu, including food items and drinks, including cost of drinks?

It is Platinum/Elite/Suites.

Usually 5p to 7p

A menu and event schedule for your cruise will be in your cabin.

It is different each night,  Steak Tartare/Guacamole/Wheel of Stilton/Shrimp/Salmon.

They rotate through the cruise.With an assortment of veggies, cheese, and dips.

The drinks are I think 5 featured ones. Since they changed I never get them anymore and IMO they are unimpressionable for me. A couple of dollars off the price.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, waltd said:

I have never seen a 4 pm start time.   We always miss it because we do early dining and too full after dinner.  

I agree. 4pm is Boca Del Vista time.

Some ship have adjusted to 4:30-7:00 but we have not seen it on any of our cruises and we go every chance we get.

From my memory, 5PM to 7PM.

Freshly made guacamole with tortilla chips; beef steak Tartare with Melba toast; smoked salmon with toast points; wheel of Stilton with walnut baguette; assorted sushi; herb crusted goat cheese with rosemary flatbread; shrimp with cocktail sauce.

The selections of around five drinks are $6.50+18% = $7.67 each. Anything else is at standard menu price. We seldom go. On our last two Princess cruises the event was 5pm until 7pm excluding Captain's Circle party evening. This is right during dinner hour. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

On the Caribbean Princess in 2018 & 2019 it started at 5:00 p.m. In 2018 it was Excellent!! (See Photos) from 2018)

In 2019 it was Awful and I mean Awful. I talked to one of the waiters and he agreed with me. 

Tony

642C6E55-B780-40CD-973B-6857F1D7DF33.jpeg

D89A79F1-6586-4C00-B419-A71570AA88B5.jpeg

E40808AF-BF41-4D52-9DF0-8932545CDCC3.jpeg

829D1176-260A-4E69-9D16-7E067C55E989.jpeg

Great photos thanks.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

On the Caribbean Princess in 2018 & 2019 it started at 5:00 p.m. In 2018 it was Excellent!! (See Photos) from 2018)

In 2019 it was Awful and I mean Awful. I talked to one of the waiters and he agreed with me. 

Tony

642C6E55-B780-40CD-973B-6857F1D7DF33.jpeg

D89A79F1-6586-4C00-B419-A71570AA88B5.jpeg

E40808AF-BF41-4D52-9DF0-8932545CDCC3.jpeg

829D1176-260A-4E69-9D16-7E067C55E989.jpeg

yes ... didn't realize it was this nice ... may try on SKY instead of the mdr  one night

1 hour ago, scottca075 said:

From my memory, 5PM to 7PM.

Freshly made guacamole with tortilla chips; beef steak Tartare with Melba toast; smoked salmon with toast points; wheel of Stilton with walnut baguette; assorted sushi; herb crusted goat cheese with rosemary flatbread; shrimp with cocktail sauce.

This is what I experienced on Coral Princess in August as well.  Along with the featured items for the evening, there was a nice selection of cheeses, crackers. and crudities with one, maybe two, dips.  None of the "specially priced drinks" appealed, but the Steward(ess) willingly took my order and brought me my preferred beverage from the nearest Bar which was Crooner's.  A very pleasant amenity for Captain's Circle's Elite Members, I think.

28 minutes ago, voljeep said:

and even us lowly members the next level down from the top level ...

Of course.  On my prior cruise, I was at the Platinum level.  Due to poor signage wording at the Club 6 door where this Lounge was located on Royal Princess, I never understood that the message that said "Closed for a Private Party" included me!

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Of course.  On my prior cruise, I was at the Platinum level.  Due to poor signage wording at the Club 6 door where this Lounge was located on Royal Princess, I never understood that the message that said "Closed for a Private Party" included me!

It is strange that you did not have a card in your cabin.  

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

yes ... didn't realize it was this nice ... may try on SKY instead of the mdr  one night

I've never been to one that looked that fancy!

I often make this dinner if it's a good selection.

Edited by Go-Bucks!

22 hours ago, jagoffee said:

It is strange that you did not have a card in your cabin.  

There was a printed informative card listing the Lounge, the times, the menu in my stateroom when I embarked.  I did not try to attend every night.  When I did, the sign outside of Royal Princess' Club 6 where the Lounge was held said: "Closed for a Private Party".  There are lots of reasons why a venue on a ship would be closed due to a "private party".  How am I supposed to know that the "private party" is my private party?  The signage on Coral Princess was explicit as for whom the lounge was reserved.   

31 minutes ago, jamesnnb said:

I could see that.  You go to Club 6, see "Closed...." and figure someone/group has the room for a couple of hours and you move on.  Should state what/who the party is for.

No it should not. 

That sign has been outside these events for years.

They do not list Cruise Critic in public info (Patter etc).

There have been some heated confrontations with event crashers in the past thinking it was a B****/complaint session.

We're not talking Cruise Critic Events here -- we're talking a Princess Event.  I've seen signs on different ships stating the event is for Platinum, Elite and Suite passengers.  And they ask to see your card as you enter.  Those not Platinum or Elite or Suite passengers are politely advised that it is a private event.  "No it should not" seems a tad harsh when we're just chatting here.....could always be a different way of doing things.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

There was a printed informative card listing the Lounge, the times, the menu in my stateroom when I embarked.  I did not try to attend every night.  When I did, the sign outside of Royal Princess' Club 6 where the Lounge was held said: "Closed for a Private Party".  There are lots of reasons why a venue on a ship would be closed due to a "private party".  How am I supposed to know that the "private party" is my private party?  The signage on Coral Princess was explicit as for whom the lounge was reserved.   

I am glad to hear that you had a invitation in your cabin with the information for this private event.  

You will know for next time.  

I have seen the signs both ways, but I would “guess” that is more common to see signs that just say private event or even invitation only.  I think it is an attempt not to offend those not invited.  For me a written invitation makes it clear to me that I am invited.

But I can certainly understand how it might initially be confusing.