When are GTY/Guarantee cabins issued?

swdke

I have a GTY/Guarantee cabin booked out of Rome on Jewel of the Seas in about 40 days.  Any experience as to when Royal Caribbean starts to issue cabins to those with GTY cabins?

Thanks!

It may help to put in a RoyalUP bid before the GTY gets assigned to better your chances. For me placing a minimum bid on a next to sold out interior GTY is not a guarantee for an upgrade but a better chance at one 

For our upcoming cruise the first segment on the B2b is in an almost sold out Interior GTY so I placed a bid for the minimum $75 Oceanview and $125 per passenger Standard OV balcony. 

The second cruise I bid higher for an OV balcony ftom our OV and Large OV Balcony room. 

Royal can then resell our rooms. 

36 minutes ago, gerif said:

I think the real answer is whenever they feel like it. No rhyme nor reason. 

Actually, there is a scheme involved based on bookings, average occupancy, season, itinerary, number of Crown & Anchor passenger (and their levels).  

Hi! I have 3 interior guarantees for  Freedom 10/27. We are all diamond and diamond plus. Our set sail pass lists our deck as “reprint”, cabin as “GTY”, but we have muster stations. my adult children and I have B15 and parents have C08. I’m assuming we have tentative assignments.  Any way to tell what category may be based on muster stations? thanks!

On 8/31/2019 at 2:07 PM, Mullwi said:

Hi! I have 3 interior guarantees for  Freedom 10/27. We are all diamond and diamond plus. Our set sail pass lists our deck as “reprint”, cabin as “GTY”, but we have muster stations. my adult children and I have B15 and parents have C08. I’m assuming we have tentative assignments.  Any way to tell what category may be based on muster stations? thanks!

Interesting question - I noticed this too, ours say the same:  "reprint", "GTY" and we have a muster of 004.  We're doing inside guarantee on a Majesty cruise in about 88 days to make it to diamond.  

DW and I are booked on Anthem 5 Oct to Bermuda.  I booked a GTY for the first time because I liked the price.

I finished checkin and noticed a deck 11asignment without a room number.  I called my TA to ask her to call RCCl.  

lo and behold a cabin assignment appeared.

We are 100 days out on our Dec cruise on Independence. We are still waiting on room assignment. We are diamond. I have count on the open balcony rooms of over 150. I think they draw numbers out of a hat to determine when and who they assign GTY rooms.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, TomC21 said:

I recently booked a GTY balcony cabin on the Mariner sailing October 25th. How soon do they usually assign the cabin. I’ve never done a guarantee cabin before, as this was a last minute decision.

thank you

Tom

As close as your sail date is, I think you will be getting an assignment within the next week or so. However, I have read that some people didn't get theirs until they arrived at the port. I got mine on a GTY cabin about 90 days before sailing.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BBQluver said:

As close as your sail date is, I think you will be getting an assignment within the next week or so. However, I have read that some people didn't get theirs until they arrived at the port. I got mine on a GTY cabin about 90 days before sailing.

How long ago was that?