Brilliance junior suite # 1548 Help!

Catnip

Stayed in 1544 on the Serenade for 16 days. Yes, there were times when you could hear some dragging tables and chairs. Seemed to happen at different times. Don't recall it being a big deal or keeping us from sleep though. Same on any Radiance class ship.

I know I would book that cabin again.

DSCN4351.jpg

DSCN4352.jpeg

Edited by L454S
  • Like 1

We stayed in this cabin about 5 years ago. I don't remember hearing chair noise, but I do remember that at night we could hear the very loud music playing in the centrum and vibrations from the outdoor movie screen.  Our comments to the hotel director were blown off, saying "they" wanted it that loud. I don't remember who "they" were, but maybe they've changed their policy since then.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Catnip said:

Has anyone here stayed in this cabin?  Is there noise from the above pool deck, like scraping/moving chairs?  Or can you hear the sound from the movie screen by the pool?
Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks!  I am concerned about the noise level from the above pool deck.   My husband likes to take an afternoon nap everyday and I know the moving of chairs on the above pool deck would be bothersome.  I was also wondering about the sound from the movie screen late at night.  We generally get a cabin on a lower deck so we are not right under a public area for the noise issue.
We actually booked a balcony cabin on Deck 7, but got an email for an upgrade to a jr suite yesterday.  
Not really sure we should bid on it.

1 hour ago, cruzqween said:

We stayed in this cabin about 5 years ago. I don't remember hearing chair noise, but I do remember that at night we could hear the very loud music playing in the centrum and vibrations from the outdoor movie screen.  Our comments to the hotel director were blown off, saying "they" wanted it that loud. I don't remember who "they" were, but maybe they've changed their policy since then.

Do you remember what time they stop the movies at night?

22 hours ago, Catnip said:

Do you remember what time they stop the movies at night?

I think it was around 11 or midnight. Not a problem if you're at the event! Chair scraping in the early morning hours is a fact of life under the pool deck. I think it's better than hearing the rolling carts in the Windjammer in the wee hours.  

Stateroom 1548 is under the smoking section of the pool deck, so not sure if there will be folks up there moving and shuffling chairs or not.  I would prefer to have one on the port side as while you are at dinner, the chairs should be stacked and put away at dusk.  

We had one under the Windjammer, and it was a constant thump, thump, thump with carts rolling across the 6-8" tiles.  🍷