Compensation for airfare

hilomelko

Not yet.  Got a confirmation dated 9/5 honestly not expecting it too soon.  There’s the 4000 on Breakaway and 2000 plus on Sun.  Then they are compensating the passengers on next Sun and Breakaway which was cancelled.   I’ll be glad to get by Christmas

We sailed on the Breakaway's TA back in May that was cut from 12 days to 10 with a week's notice.  We didn't get our compensation (via a check) until August.  So if your's takes as long as ours then figure you'll get your $300 by Thanksgiving (US).

Good luck!

Oh, yes and the reason it takes so long is they have to cut a check for each claim and they have only ONE person assigned to this task at NCL Miami's HQ.

Still waiting for my refund check for "air change fees" after NCL cancelled our initial cruise.

They sent an email on April 15, stating that I should receive my check in 4-6 weeks.  I called the refund center this past Monday -- they said the check was cut on September 20 (basically right before my phone call).  I rolled my eyes and had to say I guess I'll keep waiting.

5 months and counting...….

On 9/24/2019 at 8:42 AM, tomk3212 said:

We sailed on the Breakaway's TA back in May that was cut from 12 days to 10 with a week's notice.  We didn't get our compensation (via a check) until August.  So if your's takes as long as ours then figure you'll get your $300 by Thanksgiving (US).

Good luck!

Oh, yes and the reason it takes so long is they have to cut a check for each claim and they have only ONE person assigned to this task at NCL Miami's HQ.

I think you meant Getaway.

On 9/24/2019 at 8:26 AM, hilomelko said:

Wow 3-4 months!!!that is totally uncalled for..but I quess nothing is out of line after what I’ve been seeing from ncl..

In our past experience, it takes up to 3 months to process requests. 

You, personally, are not the only one submitting requests for reimbursement. You're just part of the 15,000ish cabins affected by the hurricane. Your request is mixed in with the hundreds of letter and request for reimbursement that arrive daily for various reasons. Each request for reimbursement has to be checked and validated for attempted fraud before it is advanced to payment. Then it sits in another approval queue for a check to be cut.  

• 4 weeks later...