I wish Princess would....

Loritd

17 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I don't need to have a conversation in the theater while the show is on but I do wish they would tone down the volume! 

I also have no need to converse during a theatre show but when the music isn’t the show but for background entertainment, a lower volume where you can converse is what I was wishing Princess would do.

And glad you added to stop shining the lights in our eyes!! I don’t see or hear all that we’ll now so less noise and bright-lights-in-the eyes would be welcome! 😎🤫

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, voljeep said:

revamp the FCD program , limiting using a $100 FCD as a placeholder until final payment, for a cruise more than a year out ...

at the one year point, you cancel or put up the regular deposit required

Any FCD used to book a cruise inside of a year is completely NON-refundable and NON-transferable ... STRICTLY ENFORCED ...

Now that is going to be a very unpopular suggestion!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

They are close captioned (at least on some ships). I have trouble hearing. even with hearing aids. If there's no closed caption, I don't go.

Also, maybe they could turn the music in the MDR OFF. It's noisy enough with the clatter of dishes, echoes in the room and people at large tables shouting in order to be heard.

there is music in the main dining room? not being snarky,  honestly i don't think i've ever noticed over the din of people talking and dishes. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On our last cruise on the Royal, the patter was missing information that has always been on the Patter.

I wish Princess would put back on the Patter the sunrise and sunset times. My hubby likes to make a point to go 

take photos during those times. When we called downstairs to find out what the times were as it was not on neither the

Patter or on the t.v. they were dumbfounded that would be information a cruiser would need. It would take 5 - 10 minutes for

that answer. 

I also wish that Princess would have all their ships with covered pools.

Edited by greenie082756
spelling error
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

We started cruising in 2013 and every single time we asked "which MDR is open for lunch", got the "Buffet" answer. We learn slow, but we do learn...stopped asking after about the 5th cruise.

That's one way to avoid the lie.

That's the only answer we ever received so we learned pretty early on not to bother asking. If we embark in time for MDR lunch we check the Patter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, greenie082756 said:

I wish Princess would put back on the Patter the sunrise and sunset times. My hubby likes to make a point to go 

take photos during those times.

I've always "obsessed" about this and have always checked the internet in advance to get sunrise/sunset and lunar phase times before our trips. (Both cruises and land-based).  Easy information to find in advance. 

3 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

Build ships with showers that have doors instead of the friendly shower curtain.

I never have a problem with the shower curtain. Long ago I learned to simply wet the bottom of the curtain and then the corners will stick to the side of the shower. Never had a problem after that. I believe it was Pam in CA who gave that tip.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Thrak said:

I never have a problem with the shower curtain. Long ago I learned to simply wet the bottom of the curtain and then the corners will stick to the side of the shower. Never had a problem after that. I believe it was Pam in CA who gave that tip.

I’ve done that trick and it does work. But wish didn’t have to.  Plus with curtain gets moldy and stinky.

45 minutes ago, vampiress said:

there is music in the main dining room? not being snarky,  honestly i don't think i've ever noticed over the din of people talking and dishes. 

I can't hear it either, but I know there is because DH sometimes says "hear that song?"

Nope, not me. He's got hearing like a bat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gotta cruise again said:

That was jasbo49 who referred to the “lies the crew tell us” about the MDR lunch on embarkation day, not me. However I too have experienced ...

I did not use that terminology. Please don't put quotes around words and attribute them to me.

I understand you wanting to disavow what you didn't say, but be careful.

Jim

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wish Princess would crank up their air-conditioning a bit. At the coldest setting it is too warm for me. 22C/72F should be the mid point setting not the lowest. We've had cabin temp issues over the past couple of years, on Royal, Majestic, Diamond and Sea, but I don't recall it being a problem before that.

I also wish they would improve the water pressure to the cabins. On at least three cruises the cold water pressure was so low it came out of the handbasin tap in a trickle, and it was impossible to have a cool shower.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Letting us pre-book excursions, specialty restaurants, bev packages, etc. online using our OBC.  Celebrity does that and we had everything paid and done with using our OBC.  So convenient!

I pre-booked excursions last week for the Sky and the website let me use OBC. In fact, it was the default payment type. I could have also switched to credit card or PayPal. 

6 hours ago, Bemidji Ty said:

1.  Change the service in the buffets to being served cafeteria-style like on HAL as opposed to the buffet with people touching food.  Could help a lot with Noro.

I’ve stopped cruising on HAL because of their buffet plan, so I hope you don’t get your wish. 

• Like 1

I wish for: 

*** Comfortable balcony furniture like they used to have. 

*** Couches in all cabin categories. 

*** I agree about no flashing lights in shows. 

*** A way to review my booking confirmation online (if it’s there I can’t find it.)

*** Start stocking books in their libraries again. 

*** Agree with previous post about reimagining the promenade deck area more like NCL’s waterfront. 

*** Interactive television on all ships. 

*** New beds on the Regal before my next cruise. 😜

• Like 3