Caribbean Princess delayed boarding

Just Want to Cruise

Just received notice that the Caribbean Princess Canada/New England cruise will have delayed boarding tomorrow out of Brooklyn, N.Y. The current cruise has a "slight increase in counts of gastrointestinal illness among guests".  There will be a "prolonged and additional disinfection" and the terminal will be closed till 3 pm. (We may need the extra time to get to get to the terminal due to the numerous traffic jams in Manhattan as a result of the UN Summit. Most of the roads outside of our hotel are blocked!)

Hmmmm interesting as we’re currently on the Caribbean Princess on our way to NY(Brooklyn) where we arrive tomorrow morning.  I haven’t heard anything about GI distress among guests tho we have noticed they appear to be more vigilant about washing hands or using sanitizers when enter a dining venue.  Sounds like guest not infected or affected are the last to know - had I not seen this post I’d have never known.  Enjoy your cruise.  

3 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

All it takes is one person who doesn't wash their hands after using the restroom. How selfish to endanger everyone and ruin their vacations.

You're right and even with the crew manning all entrances into dining venues i noticed people completely ignore them and walk right in.....me me me people!

We may need the extra time to get to get to the terminal due to the numerous traffic jams in Manhattan as a result of the UN Summit. Most of the roads outside of our hotel are blocked!)

Thank you for the smile.  It reminded me of the 20 minute trip in Buenos Aires that took well over 90 minutes.  It did give us a wonderful "Tiki" tour of much of the city though.   Yes we were there when the place closed down due to the visit of Barack Obama.

On 9/23/2019 at 6:00 PM, suspaul said:

You're right and even with the crew manning all entrances into dining venues i noticed people completely ignore them and walk right in.....me me me people!

My hubby walks right past them. He got a rash from the hand sanitizer on a ship one time.. He does still wash if there is a sink on the way in and we have wipes that we carry if there is no convenient place to wash up.  Just because someone walks by does not mean they aren't using safe practices, at least sometimes.....

• Like 3

On 9/24/2019 at 6:19 PM, medsed said:

My hubby walks right past them. He got a rash from the hand sanitizer on a ship one time.. He does still wash if there is a sink on the way in and we have wipes that we carry if there is no convenient place to wash up.  Just because someone walks by does not mean they aren't using safe practices, at least sometimes.....

Like your husband, I often skip the hand sanitizer & have yet to come down with anything. Washing your hands beats all sanitizer products and I prefer not to get a rash from the constant use of alcohol. 

• Like 2

On 9/23/2019 at 5:10 PM, Kit Kat Scott said:

There are 4 of us flying in tomorrow at JFK, arriving at 8:30AM . It will be a very long day.

Any suggestions for restaurants near the Brooklyn Terminal?

Unless something has changed, there is very little near the Brooklyn Terminal.