Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Scrapnana

ms Oosterdam, Westerdam, and Noordam in Juneau September 24, 2019

Three of the Vista ladies are in Juneau - two of them for the last time this season.  Oosterdam will be at the FKL dock from 1300-2100.  She will be doing a trip to Hawaii and some short cruises to the Mexican Riviera before heading back to FLL on January 18.  Noordam will be at the CT dock from 1300-2200.  She will be heading down under on the 13th of October after a drydock in Victoria.  Westerdam will be at the AS dock from 1300-2200.  She will be back next week for her final appearance.

Also in port is Norwegian Bliss at the AJ dock from 1430-2300.

The forecast calls for steady rain in the morning and showers in the afternoon.  The high will be 53F/12C and the low 46F/8C.  Sunrise is at 6:47 am and sunset at 6:51 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/.

Next up:  Westerdam in one week - October 1.

One more and a bit of a break. A few PTZtv cams to watch before FLL season sets in.

I will be here tomorrow - hopefully - to see beautiful, elegant ladies sail in. Too bad the weather will not allow the sun to shine on them.

We have the Zuiderdam leaving New York September 27, but sailaway is 8PM so there probably won't be much to see.  I had hoped to watch but have Baltimore Symphony tickets that night.  I still thought I might make it because the Symphony has been on strike but they just settled today so my concert is on.

Roy

Rereading everything -- sounds like all we will have will be the Westerdam next week.  I didn't realize that last Friday was the final day for the Volendam, but then I missed last Friday completely.

We were on the Oosterdam last week and Juneau was the most gorgeous sunny day we had all week.  All other days were cloudy and drizzle and cold but hey, we had a great time!  The crew are most anxious to get this week behind them and on to sunnier climes.

When the Westerdam comes to Juneau next week, it will be the first stop on the way to the Far East.

13 hours ago, rafinmd said:

We have the Zuiderdam leaving New York September 27, but sailaway is 8PM so there probably won't be much to see.  I had hoped to watch but have Baltimore Symphony tickets that night.  I still thought I might make it because the Symphony has been on strike but they just settled today so my concert is on.

Roy

And I have home Volleyball match. But like you say - it's hard to see anything anyway.

Westerdam almost to Thane.

Noordam approaching the Gastineau; Oosterdam passing Grand Island.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd

The ships will fill in from the front so the last 2 will disappear quite quickly.

Roy

2 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

The ships will fill in from the front so the last 2 will disappear quite quickly.

Roy

Provided we can see them at all through the raindrops.😉

I think Carole usually spots them first.  Volleyball today?  Oops, she expected to be here.  Not expecting such an early arrival perhaps.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

I think Carole usually spots them first.  Volleyball today?

Roy

Nope no volleyball, Westie blends in with the background plus fog/mist and rain.