Best Beach In Cozumel

Katelynw98

On 9/27/2019 at 12:50 PM, brookeq said:

Look up El Cielo.  Its too far to get by taxi but several companies go there by boat.

We used Fishing with Pedro.  It was the best day.  He will take you deep sea fishing, snorkeling and then to chill at el cielo.  it was beautiful there.  He also made us some fresh ceviche with the fish we caught.   He was so friendly.  We rented a small boat for our family so it was a nice private tour.   

Obviously you don't go on a cruise if you're worried about motion, but how rough is the water on a private boat tour down to El Cielo?  Definitely considering that for our family, but the wife is a bit sensitive about small boats in open water.  Thanks!

On 10/6/2019 at 11:51 PM, uvadover said:

Obviously you don't go on a cruise if you're worried about motion, but how rough is the water on a private boat tour down to El Cielo?  Definitely considering that for our family, but the wife is a bit sensitive about small boats in open water.  Thanks!

It wasn't bad at all as long as we were moving.  We trolled for fish on the way but weren't having much luck.  So Pedro stopped in a spot for a bit.  When the boat wasn't moving it really rocked in the water.  My husband felt a little sick then but as soon as we moved again he was fine.  

I have a review if you click on my name and find my posts about our carnival magic trip.    

On 10/6/2019 at 11:51 PM, uvadover said:

I just saw this post about el cielo  😞

@brookeq, it was this post and your comments about Fishing with Pedro that led me to contact them about arranging a tour in December. His staff told us about El Cielo being closed, so I googled and found the announcement I posted.

We still ended up booking, as he told us there were plenty of other nice snorkeling spots to visit. 

18 hours ago, cyntil8ing said:

@brookeq, it was this post and your comments about Fishing with Pedro that led me to contact them about arranging a tour in December. His staff told us about El Cielo being closed, so I googled and found the announcement I posted.

We still ended up booking, as he told us there were plenty of other nice snorkeling spots to visit. 

That stinks that it is closed.  I am sure you will still have an awesome day with Pedro.  We didn't get to snorkel with him.  Our kids didn't want to after getting stung in grand cayman a day earlier.   So we did the fishing and el cielo.  Hopefully you hit some good spots.  🙂

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...