Ugh...Inside Cabin

INeedAMaiTai

2 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

We love our inside cabin, nice and dark and the A/C is usually better because no glass or open doors. We have had a few balcony cabins, but rarely use them so inside cabins work well for us.  If I did Alaska or some place with constant scenery, then a balcony is nice.

I had a few balconies also but  hardly used them. One time I was so busy I didn't even sit  out. The other time it was  so hot in the Southern Carib,  I lasted a few minutes. I did put clothes I washed  on the arms, back  and seat of the chair.

It wasn't long before I flipped the clothes over and dried the other side. Luckily I wasn't facing the dock. I don't think Princess would like the visual.

Sali

My first two cruises were in inside cabins as I was a tight fisted Scottish git who wanted to cruise as cheaply as possible. The first was a European cruise line around the Western Med when I still lived over there. It was a very port intensive cruise (different port every day), so we were pretty much only in the cabin to sleep and shower.

2nd cruise was our first Princess cruise and was a HI circle from LA, so definitely more sea days than port days. We didn’t know any better, so were OK with the inside and as people have mentioned, it was nice and dark for sleeping, even during the day for a snooze on those long sea days. It was on the old Regal Princess and I can recall on the last night sitting on deck near the stern of the ship, with at least 2 semi finished bottles of wine and most of a half bottle of vodka (cabin gifts from our parents that we hadn’t gotten round to drinking), watching the sun set as we left Ensenada and set sail for LA, to try and finish everything off. That might have been better suited to a balcony! 😉 

Our 3rd cruise was on Holland America in the Caribbean and that was our first balcony and we very much enjoyed the balcony, usually up until the upwind neighbors lit up a cigarette (never gone back to Holland after this as smoking was an issue all over the ship, especially in our favorite bar -I know that has all changed these days, but that ship has sailed so to speak!)

All our cruises since then have been in balcony cabins and some cruises we make more use of the balconies than others. Would I go back to an inside? More than likely if that is what was needed to take a vacation. We had a land vacation to Jamaica go sideways a few years back, so needed an alternative and as we had flights on SW, though not refundable, were changeable for no fee, so we found a nice cruise on Princess out of FLL that appealed to us and SW had flight availability, but the cruise only had insides left. It was a 6 day cruise, so we figured that an inside would be OK, but unfortunately, it took the hotel so long to confirm our cancellation without fee, that the cruise sold out. 😞

Oh well. We ended up taking an NCL cruise out of New Orleans in a Haven windows suite instead, so no balcony, but lots of light. After dinner the first night on that cruise, I was ready to defect from Princess, but that dinner turned out to be the highlight of the cruise for TD. That said, some of the specialty restaurants were very good, but we only tried them as we got three visits as a suite perk. TD was so poor that we ended up paying for another specialty restaurant on our own dime for the last night. The suite concierge did his magic behind the scenes and got us a table at our restaurant of choice that was fully booked.

Lets see if the Princess concierge service on the Royal class ships can work such magic.