Is this the standard RCI experience?

On 9/26/2019 at 2:04 AM, Tulsacoker said:

I would disagree about Johnny Rockets. If it was free, I cannot imagine you would be able to ever find a seat in there.  

It would still be nice if it was free because there are plenty of other places to take it to eat.

On 9/26/2019 at 1:41 AM, amandaepperson21 said:

Not as good: 

.........3. Cabin steward bombed. Sand in our sheets most nights due to her not changing them. I kept stacking our dirty room glasses so they’d be swapped out - she just rinsed them in the sink and put them back. I know because they still had lipstick on them. Minimal tidying. 

4. Cabin was not great. You could see the dips in the mattresses when the bed was made. It was so hard my hips and shoulders hurt in the morning (side sleeper). No bath robe. Refrigerator didn’t work. Shower head was possessed. The bath towels were good though. 

5. Towel exchange stinks. Cabin stewards swapped them out on every other cruise I’ve been on. Ours just folded the soggy things and stacked them in the floor. The towels themselves were pretty sad and desperately need to be replaced. All of them. 

6. Lots of nickel and diming. Room service is usually free + tip on cruises, but not on this one.  The bar mixed drinks were expensive compared to other ships. $9-10 including gratuity for the daily drink special, which is usually cheaper. Also the daily drinks didn’t come in cute souvenir cups or anything. I don’t mind paying extra (hello I purchased The Key) but the extras on this ship were priced higher than most. 

7. Limited hours for ice skating and flow rider. Long lines when it was open. The Key only had one designated hour each for these on our one sea day. 

8. NO LAUNDRY. WHAAAAT!? This ship departs from San Juan PR, which means most people arrive the day before the cruise, aren’t hauling massive amounts of luggage (which I am guilty of when we drive to FL for cruises) and might be staying a day or more after the cruise. Lots of laundry. Why on God’s green earth are there not at least a few guest laundry facilities on the ship??? Oh but of course you can pay $$$ to have your laundry done lol. We did this trip with one carry on and one personal item because I had planned to do laundry on the ship. After numerous cruises, I’ve never been on a ship that doesn’t have a laundry facility for passengers. 

9. Limited food options without paying extra. IMO there’s no reason Johnny rockets shouldn’t be included in the cruise fare. I mean, burgers are on the buffet. Maybe charge for shakes. Other ships we’ve sailed offer more than MDR, pizza/cafe and buffet. That’s all that’s included on Freedom. Others have at least 1-2 options that were premium on this ship. MSC Divina has an American style sports bar with full menu and a burger/brat/dawg place beside the pool. At the Divina pizza place by the pool, they’d cook whatever pizza you wanted on the spot - you didn’t have to pick from whatever 3 were in the warmer. All these are included in cruise fare. 

There were a lot of other things where I’ve had better experiences elsewhere. Like medical, they didn’t call to check on me after my visit (unrelated to the ship) the way Princess did when my daughter broke her are.......

I would like to know what you were doing to get sand in your sheets? All you had to do was ask for them to be changed. BTW, what cruise line changes the sheets every day that's comparable to Royal? Princess, MSC, etc they don't.

I have never seen a complaint about cabin stewards putting damp towels on the floor. Towels on the floor mean that they are to replace them. I would tell them in a heart beat not to ever do that again. If it continued I would talk to the house keeping supervisor. Same goes for dirty glasses.

As for what's included in the Key it's listed on the Royal website. Which you also would have found that there is no self service laundry. That info you also could have found here.

As for medical, maybe they were very busy and they didn't deem your issue that great of a concern. You say your daughter broke her arm. I'm guessing that she broke it on the ship? If that's the case then I can understand why they would make sure they called to check on her.

You also keep comparing Royal to other cruise lines. You should know (especially since being on here since 2007) that different cruise lines do things differently. Seems like you didn't do your research before booking. Also, all you had to do was to speak up about some the issues you are complaining about and they would have corrected them. They can't fix what they don't know. As for the nickel and diming, quality of food and some other things I totally agree with you.

Hope you enjoy your next cruise more whether it's on Royal or some other line.

• Like 1