Another Cut No more tote bags

gerelmx

4 hours ago, AmazedByCruising said:

I really really don't understand this whole tote bag thing. It's a $1.20 or less bag. And I already have a bag. Are you supposed to walk in ports to show that you're a naive cruiser in dire need of another trinket from China? Are you supposed to go shopping with it later to brag about having been on a cruise? Should you hang it on the wall? 

Exactly....who cares?  It's a cheap tote, no matter what cabin you're in.  

What always bugs me about threads like this is the way that conclusions are jumped to on the basis of one case.  Instead of saying "Has anyone else experienced this?" It's "another cut" and then it turns out to be probably not a real cutback at all, although the OP didn't get the amenity, plenty of other people did, and it's most likely a supply problem on that one cruise.  People are getting all riled up over nothing!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

What always bugs me about threads like this is the way that conclusions are jumped to on the basis of one case.  Instead of saying "Has anyone else experienced this?" It's "another cut" and then it turns out to be probably not a real cutback at all, although the OP didn't get the amenity, plenty of other people did, and it's most likely a supply problem on that one cruise.  People are getting all riled up over nothing!

Well the concierge confirmed to me on the Equinox that the bags would no longer be provided.  He did not indicate it was a supply problem.  In fact, my cabin attendant was able to get me one.

The issue is that you're expecting to get one to use as a beach bag.  Now that I know I won't, I'll pack one of my other ones.  But to be caught with no beach bag would be a PIA.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jjsnonna said:

Exactly....who cares?  It's a cheap tote, no matter what cabin you're in.  

Welcome to CC. It has absolutely nothing to do with the cost or quality of the tote bag or what others do with it. 🙄

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Welcome to CC. It has absolutely nothing to do with the cost or quality of the tote bag or what others do with it. 🙄

Exactly -- it is just a handy bag for carrying your "stuff" around with you (sunglasses, reading glasses, tablet or phone, tissues, book, cough drops, sun block, pencil or pen, hand sanitizer, other miscellaneous odds and ends), so it would be nice to know in advance if they are still provided, or if we now need to pack our own tote bags to bring along from home.

• Like 4

I could never understand why there was only one card holder and one tote bag when there are two in a cabin.  OK we are a couple, but they provided two pair of those useless over size slippers.   And are we supposed to share a card holder?   

How about two single people sharing a cabin?   Who gets what?   Flip a coin??? 

How cheap can they get.   Get off the ship in some ports and Little Switzerland has people passing out free tote bags.  No strings attached.  Just as good or better than those that X provides in the lower classes.

Do I need more bags?   Not really but others that never cruised before might enjoy or need  one.

I am sure X will claim it is part of going green.  To me that is just an excuse to cut cost and try to make us feel better about it that X is trying to save the environment and we are part of it.

Where does the savings show up?   I am sure it isn’t passed on to the employees or the passengers. It  is a larger bonus for the executives.  

We need to to stop drinking the Kool Aid and X will find that they killed the golden goose.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

On 9/25/2019 at 1:47 PM, gerelmx said:

We are sailing in the Eclipse to Hawaii, I ask to my Concierge room attendant about the tote bag, he answers no more tote bags 

Before you posted this, did you ever consider it could be a supply problem on your cruise?  You may have jumped to a faulty conclusion.  There were no such issues of our cruise.  I got a nice bag from Celebrity.

30 minutes ago, keesar said:

Before you posted this, did you ever consider it could be a supply problem on your cruise?  You may have jumped to a faulty conclusion.  There were no such issues of our cruise.  I got a nice bag from Celebrity.

No supply problem it’s confirmed no more x bags , only suites have the tote bags, do you see post 25?

Edited by gerelmx

7 hours ago, gerelmx said:

No supply problem it’s confirmed no more x bags , only suites have the tote bags, do you see post 25?

No, what you posted in your post #25 only confirms for your specific sailing and  category. Nothing about no tote bags fleetwide.  

Edited by davekathy

24 minutes ago, davekathy said:

No, what you posted in your post #25 only confirms for your specific sailing and  category. Nothing about no tote bags fleetwide.  

As the website has deleted tote bags from the list of amenities for Concierge cabins, I believe that the information in post 25 is an accurate reflection of the current situation. While some passengers on some ships are still receiving them, I suspect that those ships still have a supply on hand that will not be replenished once depleted.

From the website (https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/concierge-class-stateroom):

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 9.10.10 AM.png

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

As the website has deleted tote bags from the list of amenities for Concierge cabins, I believe that the information in post 25 is an accurate reflection of the current situation. While some passengers on some ships are still receiving them, I suspect that those ships still have a supply on hand that will not be replenished once depleted.

From the website (https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/concierge-class-stateroom😞

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 9.10.10 AM.png

That's what I said, for that particular cruise the OP is on. Nothing about fleetwide. We just returned from our 14 Night (22 September) Summit cruise and had the tote bags, Balcony stateroom. We never used it on this cruise but brought it home. Yeah, like Celebrity's website always publishes the most up to date and accurate info. Maybe it's a loss for the CC staterooms (?). I'm sure if this is fleetwide others on different cruises, ships and staterooms will be posting their experiences. We're doing a B2B cruise on the Summit March/April 2020. We'll wait and see. We like the tote bags and like most, have a huge collection of them. 

Edited by davekathy

12 hours ago, miched said:

I could never understand why there was only one card holder and one tote bag when there are two in a cabin.  OK we are a couple, but they provided two pair of those useless over size slippers.   And are we supposed to share a card holder?   

How about two single people sharing a cabin?   Who gets what?   Flip a coin??? 

How cheap can they get.   Get off the ship in some ports and Little Switzerland has people passing out free tote bags.  No strings attached.  Just as good or better than those that X provides in the lower classes.

Do I need more bags?   Not really but others that never cruised before might enjoy or need  one.

I am sure X will claim it is part of going green.  To me that is just an excuse to cut cost and try to make us feel better about it that X is trying to save the environment and we are part of it.

Where does the savings show up?   I am sure it isn’t passed on to the employees or the passengers. It  is a larger bonus for the executives.  

We need to to stop drinking the Kool Aid and X will find that they killed the golden goose.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

When I used to share cabins, I would insist on getting duplicates.  It was never a problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, gerelmx said:

Maybe you should go to the Celebrity website.  It is listed as a Celebrity shopping bag which is available for Verandas -and above.  On our last few cruises, we have gotten the Navy blue one with leatherette handles with a small pouch inside.  Loving it!

4 minutes ago, keesar said:

Maybe you should go to the Celebrity website.  It is listed as a Celebrity shopping bag which is available for Verandas -and above.  On our last few cruises, we have gotten the Navy blue one with leatherette handles with a small pouch inside.  Loving it!

Maybe you should go to the Celebrity website's list of amenities for Concierge cabins. Tote bags have been removed from the list.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/concierge-class-stateroom 

4 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Maybe you should go to the Celebrity website's list of amenities for Concierge cabins. Tote bags have been removed from the list.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/concierge-class-stateroom 

I sail Aqua and I get all the amenities from Concierge (except the luncheon) and Verandas.  Concierge class get all the perks from Veranda class.  Been like that for many years.  For example, the sparkling wine is not listed in Aqua because it is listed in Concierge.  

The only time I was not given a bag  upon entering the room was when there was a supply problem.  

3 minutes ago, keesar said:

I sail Aqua and I get all the amenities from Concierge (except the luncheon) and Verandas.  Concierge class get all the perks from Veranda class.  Been like that for many years.  For example, the sparkling wine is not listed in Aqua because it is listed in Concierge.  

The only time I was not given a bag  upon entering the room was when there was a supply problem.  

Many things have changed/are changing with Celebrity. In the recent past, tote bags were specifically listed for Concierge cabins, but that is no longer the case. Also, if you look at the list (post #63), you will see that many of the features apply to lower categories, so you argument that bags aren't listed because they are available for lower categories really doesn't hold water.

Free movies, footstools, tote bags... The list goes on, and while Celebrity backtracked on the elimination of free movies, I'm not holding my breath waiting to see a tote bag in my next Concierge cabin.

3 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Many things have changed/are changing with Celebrity. In the recent past, tote bags were specifically listed for Concierge cabins, but that is no longer the case. Also, if you look at the list (post #63), you will see that many of the features apply to lower categories, so you argument that bags aren't listed because they are available for lower categories really doesn't hold water.

Free movies, footstools, tote bags... The list goes on, and while Celebrity backtracked on the elimination of free movies, I'm not holding my breath waiting to see a tote bag in my next Concierge cabin.

Go to your nearest travel agency and request a Celebrity cruise book.  All of the amenities are listed starting with Stateroom and move on from there.  For instance, it lists  for Concierge  "includes all Stateroom amenities  plus" .  And under Stateroom amenities, it lists "complimentary tote bag".   I have the booklet in front of me. 

And I got a tote bag on our recent cruise as have most others who have posted here.  

2 minutes ago, keesar said:

Go to your nearest travel agency and request a Celebrity cruise book.  All of the amenities are listed starting with Stateroom and move on from there.  For instance, it lists  for Concierge  "includes all Stateroom amenities  plus" .  And under Stateroom amenities, it lists "complimentary tote bag".   I have the booklet in front of me. 

And I got a tote bag on our recent cruise as have most others who have posted here.  

Knowing how long it takes for a book like that to go from inception to publication to distribution, I'd rather go with the recently amended information on the website. I'll bet that, if you look carefully, photos of balconies will show footstools.

We are in Concierge on our October 27 cruise on the Solstice.  I do hope we can get a zippered tote bag. It's one less thing to pack and I just broke the handle on my flimsy Celebrity shopping bag yesterday so am in need of a replacement.  We shall see what happens. I will ask our stateroom attendant when we are on board.

seems like a lot of people are confusing the cheap bag everyone gets on a Celebrity cruise, with the blue totes that were given to Concierge Class rooms.

I love my dark blue Zippered bag and I am really sorry that they are no longer a perk with Concierge Class.

Not going to book a suite to get these bags.

• Like 1