Another Cut No more tote bags

gerelmx

11 minutes ago, go fish 44 said:

seems like a lot of people are confusing the cheap bag everyone gets on a Celebrity cruise, with the blue totes that were given to Concierge Class rooms.

I love my dark blue Zippered bag and I am really sorry that they are no longer a perk with Concierge Class.

Not going to book a suite to get these bags.

That would be me...😃

• Like 1

There used to be good tote bags.  Sadly, totes have become rather flimsy.  Certainly, not worth taking home. If you did use them, they conveyed the message that Celebrity was flimsy.  The pressed paper was just a step away from no tote.  No tote equals no message. I have many cruise ship totes. Some are sturdy and used often. The sturdy bag with the Holland America logo has been used many times. People do stop and ask me about that cruise line. With the flimsy bag, nobody asks. Getting rid of those cheapy bags was a smart move. Replace them with a sturdy logo bag would be a brilliant advertising ploy.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 5:46 PM, Covepointcruiser said:

Delete this thread, tote bags have not been cut.

Wrong

They are no longer included for Concierge rooms--it was a part of the Concierge perks and is now gone (we have the new room flyer from B2B this month--) it's gone as is the fresh fruit daily

Also the bottle of bubbly is gone from Aqua, the tea is "upon request", and the string bag/spa bag isn't listed as a perk to that room either

The sparking wine has not been cut nor have the bags.  I called Celebrity and it was confirmed that Aqua receives what Concierge receives (minus the first day lunch) and also the Stateroom amenities.  If you were to look at Concierge Class, the sparkling wine is included.  Bags are listed under Stateroom.

On our recent cruise, we received the sparkling wine and even the nicer tote bag.  I had expected a lower quaOlity one and brought my old blue leatherette but received a new one.  Maybe a Christmas gift for someone...😀

On one cruise, they did run out of bags and we had been told it was a supply issue.  (But my room attendant found one for us).

I have been on 39 Celebrity cruises and got a bag on every one.  I still have one of the original tan bags with a zipper on top.  Those bags were giant size.  Then came the heavy blue ones with the leather handles and then just the heavy blue bags no leather handle.  Was on Summit in May in a concierge cabin and got the grey one which I did not like and also another blue one.  Wish they would give us a choice of what we may like.  I have so many bags that I usually give them to friends but now I need more friends because they are piling up in the closet.  LOL

Pat

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RodPat said:

I have been on 39 Celebrity cruises and got a bag on every one.  I still have one of the original tan bags with a zipper on top.  Those bags were giant size.  Then came the heavy blue ones with the leather handles and then just the heavy blue bags no leather handle.  Was on Summit in May in a concierge cabin and got the grey one which I did not like and also another blue one.  Wish they would give us a choice of what we may like.  I have so many bags that I usually give them to friends but now I need more friends because they are piling up in the closet.  LOL

Pat

Pat, that was then, this is now.  According to the concierge on Equinox in September, they're history in concierge class.  I got one the previous week in a suite, so apparently this is just a cut for concierge class cabins.

I too have the same collection.  That original one was huge, wasn't it.  Don't think I've ever used it.  In fact, it may have been donated when I moved.  I do like the blue ones with the faux leather handles and I do use those.  I've donated the blue ones that don't have those handles.  Not a fan of the new grey ones as they do not have a zipper on the top of the bag.  The zipper on the side strikes me as pretty useless.  Think those will also find their way to the library book sale full of books.

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Pat, that was then, this is now.  According to the concierge on Equinox in September, they're history in concierge class.  I got one the previous week in a suite, so apparently this is just a cut for concierge class cabins.

I too have the same collection.  That original one was huge, wasn't it.  Don't think I've ever used it.  In fact, it may have been donated when I moved.  I do like the blue ones with the faux leather handles and I do use those.  I've donated the blue ones that don't have those handles.  Not a fan of the new grey ones as they do not have a zipper on the top of the bag.  The zipper on the side strikes me as pretty useless.  Think those will also find their way to the library book sale full of books.

I agree the grey bag that I received for being in the concierge room was ratty compared to what we used to get.  Those large tan colored bags Rod used to carry his diamond saw blades to show his customers.  The bag never ripped and is still around.  No one makes things like they used to.

Pat

Was on the Edge last week and no tote bag. I asked my cabin attendant about it and he said they discontinued giving them out sometime in June. He had no idea why and said only the flimsy grey ones were available. 

We were in Concierge IV .

I wish notices would be sent out with changes. Thank guests for loyalty and then saying what is different, hopefully adding something every once in awhile.  Why burn loyalty with numerous small changes guests expect?

I often read these kind of discussions for "cheap entertainment". 

So, compiling a pole from this blog, it appears 1/3 of the posters lament that the tote bags were better in the "old days".  Well, what wasn't better in the old days, in regards to cruising, or most anything else in life.

Another 1/3 say the tote bags are crappy or have too many sitting in their closet, so don't care if they're handed out.

Another 1/3 say they want their bag no matter how crappy they are ............... though I don't recall anyone saying they would discontinue sailing on Celebrity because of the tote bag issue.

So............ the final tally is 66 2/3 who don't care about tote bags (me included).

Thus, in these times when "free" is not, it seems Celebrity would be better served to divert tote bag funds to billion dollar terminals (where we spend what, an hour?) and new headquarters for their senior execs.

Have a nice day!

Well I remember devine shrimp and crab and beef and egg sandwiches in Baco on Solstice in 2013 in Barcelona, added a chilled chard, it was perfection. Waited for our rooms, and then we went. Outstanding.

The sandwiches are gone as the tote bags.

The great rush to the bottom - poor Celebrity.

On 9/29/2019 at 5:11 PM, RodPat said:

Pat

You sound like us, we have at least one of each type and give them away too.

We use whatever they hand out on the ship as extras and are fine with the thin cheap ones.  Have a nice EDGE bag that was a b day gift from Vt Cruiser.. very handy and unique!

We usually pack a beach bag, a  small spa/ gym bag,  and sometimes a plastic bag for towels  and  flip flops / beach shoes if we have  a few beach excursions.    If not a beachy cruise,  we use a  light  weight  shoulder  bag we received  from Natl Wildlife for water, snacks etc....

Edited by hcat

Now we are in the 2nd leg Honolulu to Vancouver, we have the X blue bag but no more welcome sparkling wine, when I return from my shore excursion will talk with Concierge host

Edited by gerelmx

4 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Now we are in the 2nd leg Honolulu to Vancouver, we have the X blue bag but no more welcome sparkling wine, when I return from my shore excursion will talk with Concierge host

Hope your trip is going well..esp after all the grief  the Celeb misinformation caused you to suffer!

Edited by hcat

Just now, hcat said:

Hope your trip is going well..esp after all the grief  the Celeb misinformation caused you to suffer!

Everything OK, Maui has tested us past Oct 12, a big fire on the roads to Lahaina, Police closed de highways, everybody that can’t reach port (170 passengers and 4 crew members) was rescued at midnight in Kahului, very dark night high winds and rain, tender was near 45 minutes , everybody receive the pill and emergency blanket, thanks to Captain Leo and all X personnel. 

Gerardo

5 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Everything OK, Maui has tested us past Oct 12, a big fire on the roads to Lahaina, Police closed de highways, everybody that can’t reach port (170 passengers and 4 crew members) was rescued at midnight in Kahului, very dark night high winds and rain, tender was near 45 minutes , everybody receive the pill and emergency blanket, thanks to Captain Leo and all X personnel. 

Gerardo

Quite an adventure.. kudos to Cap Leo but X seems so good at sea compared to land  operations.

Hope you get your travel bag!

• Like 1