Decisions Decisions!

sarlin

Nov. 23rd Transatlantic 13 Days Epic from Barcelona to Puerto Rico

Dec 5th Transatlantic 14 Days Getaway Barcelona to NYC

Thoughts? Pros/Cons?  

We've sailed on both ships btw- Hoping for a very relaxing cruise-Will be celebrating retirement-

Thanks!

On the Epic, you will probably get some warmer weather toward the end of the cruise. NYC in mid-December, not so much. 

The Waterfront on the Getaway is usually a plus, but maybe not so much on the TA. On the Epic, we like to go into the Bliss lounge during the day (usually not scheduled for activities) as a quite hideway. 

• Like 2

Having done quite a few TAs , I would opt for the November one. You will be doing a more southerly route so will get some warmer weather. The Atlantic can be as smooth as a millpond sometimes even in winter.

Have a great cruise whichever you choose.

• Like 1

If it was me, I would do the Nov one as well. If for no other reason, weather. Regardless congrats on your retirement. It is always a good feeling not to jump out of bed, shower and head out the door 5 days a week. It is nice to just be able to relax. It is also fun to have time to do volunteer work or spend time developing a hobby. 

I’d choose Epic. Sailed early October last year on the Breakaway to NYC and ended up with blustery weather that kept us indoors most of the trip. Without access to the waterfront and outside decks there were few places indoors to sit and hangout on sea days. We did have spa access but it got very crowded and the pool was drained for a few days due to the constant sloshing back and forth. December would be too cold to risk the Getaway sailing for us. 

Disclaimer: we’re on the Epic sailing this November so a bit prejudiced lol 

Anything ending in NYC is a crap shoot if you are going to have to fly out of any NYC area airports. We ended up going through there on a connecting flight in Dec. arranged by the cruise line (we no longer have cruise lines do our air) and almost didn't get home for Christmas. New York airports are zoos to be avoided.