How often is Bora Bora missed due to weather/sea conditions?

capriccio

I have a question for experienced French Polynesian cruisers.

I am arranging excursions for our Pacific Princess cruise next October and am interested in booking with Tohora Bora.  Payment in full is required and the cancellation schedule is 

• 24 hours notice no refund, the service is charged to 100%,
  • 48 hours notice: refund of 50%
  • 72 hours notice: refund of 100%

My concern is whether this tender port has a history of being inaccessible due to the weather and/or sea conditions (like Grand Cayman, Lahaina, etc.).

Thanks! 

The best times to visit Tahiti with the best weather are April to November so you are visiting at a great time. I can only relate personal experience but have been to Tahiti and Bora Bora 8 times now, 7 by cruise ship and never missed the port.

You will LOVE Tohora Bora Bora and Simon- such a gregarious character, and excited yet respectful of the gorgeous lagoon. We did Tohora, Pure Snorkeling and Lagoon Service last December and Tohora was the best and just 6 passengers. Simon would be a good person to ask about history of cancellations due to conditions. You might also ask if he offers a waiver in the event the ship can't set anchor.

Returning 4/20 and already booked with Tohora BB:)

Edited by Petoonya

Petoonya - Thank you!  I was hoping you would see my thread.  I've already learned lots from your other posts.  Simon has been great communicating with me although he didn't really answer the question about frequency.  I do feel more confident after doing more research into the general weather in mid to late October so we're going to reserve and hope for lovely weather.

17 hours ago, Petoonya said:

The best times to visit Tahiti with the best weather are April to November so you are visiting at a great time. I can only relate personal experience but have been to Tahiti and Bora Bora 8 times now, 7 by cruise ship and never missed the port.

You will LOVE Tohora Bora Bora and Simon- such a gregarious character, and excited yet respectful of the gorgeous lagoon. We did Tohora, Pure Snorkeling and Lagoon Service last December and Tohora was the best and just 6 passengers. Simon would be a good person to ask about history of cancellations due to conditions. You might also ask if he offers a waiver in the event the ship can't set anchor.

Returning 4/20 and already booked with Tohora BB:)

Hope you post a review of your cruise and the Pacific Princess. If you do an official review give us all a link to it 🙂

The itinerary looks fantastic and the price so nice it is very tempting. It's a ways away but so much fund to research and plan, yes? Glad to hear you are going with Simon. You'll see so much in a half day, you'll be amazed. Another great thing about him is that he does not rush you. Since there are only six passengers he lets you stay at each site for as long as you want. Take care and I'm going to go check prices out! Take care 🙂

8 cruises to Bora Bora .... never missed it. With that being said remember that is the chance you take when booking a private excursion. Yes ship's excursions can be more but the good news is if there is a problem visiting an island your not charged for the cancellation. 

Some vendors will not charge if the ship can't visit but ask and you will know.