Tipping when ordering Breakfast in your Cabin

happiness is cruising

If I'm the one who accepts the delivery I tend to give two dollars tip. If it's a breakfast order though my wife answers the door. I have a small pile of dollar bills on the desk but I don't really know if she tips or not. She may add a tip onto the delivery slip, give a dollar or two, or not give anything. I'm still in bed so...

13 hours ago, Thrak said:

If I'm the one who accepts the delivery I tend to give two dollars tip. If it's a breakfast order though my wife answers the door. I have a small pile of dollar bills on the desk but I don't really know if she tips or not. She may add a tip onto the delivery slip, give a dollar or two, or not give anything. I'm still in bed so...

That is not enough to tip for room service.

13 hours ago, Thrak said:

At a minimum tip at least  $3.00 -$5.00 USD.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

1 hour ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

According to you. Is that with or without Automatic Gratuities?

Would never tip that much.

Edited by Potstech
  • Like 3

On 9/26/2019 at 11:47 AM, happiness is cruising said:

Hi all

Could not find a thread on this

Can you add your tip to your folio...

and how much do you tip

Thank you...Ann

Couldn't find a thread on this?  How about the other one you started?

I consider what I would be spending for tips in an onshore restaurant (Denny's, IHOP, etc.) for an equivalent meal and use that as a guideline for the max I would tip.   But we also know that Room Service is included in the tipping pool.

We rarely tip in cash, but use the feature on the delivery acknowledgement slip to add the tip to our onboard account. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

I think that's up to the individual to decide for themselves if they want to tip extra or not.  

• Like 2

On 9/27/2019 at 7:01 PM, Potstech said:

According to you. Is that with or without Automatic Gratuities?

Would never tip that much.

With auto grats.     So tip more,  or tip less to the delivery Stewart.  That is up to you.

I tip $1 for a pot of coffee.   The more I order, the more I tip.    We order  lunch often and dinner several times a week so I take $50 in ones for every week of the cruise and keep them in the desk drawer so I can grab some whenever I need it.

• Like 1

We usually tip a few bucks part depends on how well they read the order I will ask for coffee for 4 to get more coffee but then   write in no cups needed as I always bring my own thermal mug so I can sit on the balcony and have my coffee sometimes I get a stack of cups other  times not.

Virtually always tip always cash.

years ago we were on  Crystal in a basic cabin and came back late from bear watching it was about 10 PM and we ordered dinner the cabin steward that brought the meal literally had a bandoleer of about 12 pagers on her chest.  They take turns being on call for room service after hours I think I gave her a 20 and that was back in 2000.

I always travel with a bunch of $1 in my pocket to tip as needed - and yes, I do tip for breakfast - $1 if I just get a pot of coffee, 2 for a full breakfast - and I am single so that is not a huge tray - judge accordingly .

Especially if I ask them to take it to the balcony - oh to be cruising now -and able to sit on a balcony at sea - temp is right at the freezing mark at my house today!

• Like 1