Suite Perks on HAL (Noordam, in particular) ?

GeezerCouple

We are getting ready for our first cruise on HAL, and I'm wondering what to expect in terms of being in a Neptune Suite.

We realize that we won't have traditional "Butler service" as we have had on Oceania and some other ships.

But that's not a problem.  On Hurtigruten, there wasn't even any room service at all, and we had one of our best trips ever.  But we knew that in advance, so our expectations were pretty accurate.  In fact, Hurtigruten definitely exceeded our expectations, but that's probably because we focused on the word "ferry" about their ships.  I think DH really was almost expecting something like the Staten Island Ferry! 😱

(And what we mostly have "used" the Butlers for on other ships was to enjoy room service meals, especially on busy days.  We didn't use them for much else anyway.)

Any comments about the ship more generally, particularly compared with Oceania's two larger ships, would also be very welcomed.

We are not big on entertainment or booze.  We're "there" for the relaxation, enjoying the ocean (feel and sights) and also the ports, of course.
In case it matters, this trip will be on the Noordam, from Auckland to Sydney.

If there is a pointer to specific pages on the HAL website about Suite perks, that would be appreciated.

We are very much looking forward to this trip, especially because we have our eye on some other HAL cruises specifically!

Many thanks!

GC

FWIW, I had a butler on O and he was used very little.  He brought me hot water and honey at night (I had a sore throat) & 1 room service breakfast and that was about it.

If we asked for anything else, we had to go to the Concierge or the Front Desk.  The concierge was only there for specific hours (I was on the Riviera if that helps).

I far prefer HAL’s system.  Room service is always available.  Very easy.  Breakfast - hang your card out, lunch, snack in between just call.  Dinner in?  You can have the concierge take care of it for your preferred time and/or call yourself.

The concierges are there in the Neptune Lounge for the day (usually 7/7:30 am - 8:00 pm IIRC) and can take care of just about anything you need.

1 hour ago, BitburgBoy said:

If you are in a suite you get Club Orange perks included. Look it up on HAL’s site.

Hmmm....  I was a bit confused about Club Orange, so I did ask about that.

And I understood from the reply that on Noordam, there wasn't much extra with Club Orange for Neptune Suites.

What *are* the "extras", then, on Noordam?

(Or perhaps it was just that whatever was mentioned wasn't of particular interest/value to us...??)

Thanks.

GC

Neptune suites don’t need to purchase CO.  

You will have priority boarding, priority tendering, free laundry, Neptune lounge (liquor is not free though), concierge that will book restaurants, excursions, afternoon tea in your cabin if you want.  The larger cabin and balcony you’ll surely enjoy.  Room stewards are excellent.  

We had a butler on Celebrity and basically told him we didn’t want him (nicely).  It’s not our thing.  

Have a fantastic time!