Symphony Live, September 28th to October 5th - Now watch me Sip, Now watch me Lay Lay

A&L_Ont

16 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

Andrew did you happen to cruise on Adventure of the Seas January 2011?

Hate to say, I’ve never been on Adventure. 

14 minutes ago, Sadebud said:

Loved the sail away video!  Of course, Kenny and Willie are stuck in my head now...lol.  Have a great day on Maya Key!

Tracy

I’m lay lay under my count tree. 

image.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/26/2019 at 7:33 PM, A&L_Ont said:

Sunday was show day.  We had some light rain mid-morning, and sun at the end of the day. The sunrise on the field at 6am was glorious.  

5195B545-4735-4112-8AD2-E99D7685B3E6.thumb.jpeg.a2f71a3ca8c4bbaa157b11bf390d5b79.jpeg

At the end of the day I took first in my class.  I also took first with the Hagerty Kids who judged ten cars for various classes. To me this was the best award, the kids are the future in the car world.  Their judging is not as stringent as the real judges.  I fielded questions like, do you do burnouts and did the car come in that colour?  I answered their questions and along they went. 

2B37F302-115E-459F-928A-A773FF856F09.thumb.jpeg.6fd20dc74a20a7fb32aa72d267163319.jpeg

These judges are a bit more serious.

2A1689DD-8661-4450-B687-755A35ED46FC.thumb.jpeg.37af1b2cb08c7500c03fa10c83860cd6.jpeg

The presentation with the Hagerty Kid Judges. 

CB745E02-D5AE-4248-99F6-239139572453.thumb.jpeg.16f1b202e334eb36495e024ddbf0633d.jpeg

Afterwards it was literally strawberries and champagne on the 9th fairway, while the judges were picking Best of Show from all the classes.  I clean up, but not that well. LOL 

I did have a little haul of my own though.  

B098F9D9-1496-4490-8BF1-647750BDFF08.thumb.jpeg.de654be45ace8d2009cbbe3884819542.jpeg

The thing I like the most about the show is “we” are positive enablers over the weekend.  Approximately 85 cars come from across North America to bring tens of thousands of guests to an event to raise money for local hospitals.

If you ever have a chance to go to a Concours, go.  You will find it interesting, informative and fun.  You will see cars that you will never see anywhere again and be a part of something interesting and unique. 

We have a big concours d'elegance on Lake Minnetonka in Mpls. every year. Just like the one in Pebble Beach. I always volunteer for it. We have MSRA here in MN and at the big show in June we get people from all over Canada to show their cars. Usually around 12,000 cars and held at the fairgrounds. You probably will not be on the 11/2 Symphony cruise. We could share car stories. On our last 3 Princess cruises they have a meet up of car buffs. Beyond fun. 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 9:45 PM, Espn said:

LOL, we have those all over Atlanta and they are evil and will literally try to kill you. I am not scared of my Corvette at any speed but I will not go near one of these.

These damn things are a menace here in minneapolis-girl driving one came across the street around a truck and I was leaving a parking lot and she rammed right into me.

I was so shocked that I froze. I should have gotten out ot the car and run after her. Now I have to pay for the damage that she did to my SUV. Glad it wasn't my Stingray.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2019 at 7:36 AM, vision14k said:

Any word on what the “Alpha Alpha Alpha” medical emergency was in the main dining room last night? We heard it over the loudspeaker while eating at Coastal Kitchen.

We had it on the Mariner in May, fire in one of the kitchens. Needless to say-dinner and service after that was complicated. We felt bad for the waiters that we wanted to help.

15 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

honestly, I can’t fault her at all. I’m a closet germaphobe thanks to cruising. 

That’s why I told our waiter tonight about the young girl at the next booth that backed ours. Shen had the same cough as me. She also put her hand into the community serving bowl of shredded parmigiana and was eating it. The same one that the waiters take to every table and serve by spoon.  It was between their table and ours and her parents didn’t she what she was up to as she was facing away from them. 

I did it quietly on the slide. Other than Lisa, the waiter and I, no one was the wiser. It disappeared to kitchen garbage.  

Hope I haven’t turned more of you into germaphobes.😷

Be sure to wipe everything down in your pre cruise hotel and in your cabin. Remotes are supposed to have the most germs.

On 9/28/2019 at 10:48 PM, A&L_Ont said:

So my cough is still lingering, even though I feel better today than the last 12 days. 

Well anyway, I had a coughing fit right in the elevator and of course it was packed full. One lady was so close I could almost feel her butt rubbing against my, well… You get the idea.

Anyhow Lisa snapped this photo of her.  I think she’s afraid that she might catch something. 

Lisa should have told her that I have the Dengue Fever. They did just have another case reported in Miami. 

D59CD770-B7F1-4778-B3A2-9CA3B2C1F40C.thumb.jpeg.a5a96030cbd38ad14dc0d5a0e16b6587.jpeg

On 9/28/2019 at 10:48 PM, A&L_Ont said:

So my cough is still lingering, even though I feel better today than the last 12 days. 

Well anyway, I had a coughing fit right in the elevator and of course it was packed full. One lady was so close I could almost feel her butt rubbing against my, well… You get the idea.

Anyhow Lisa snapped this photo of her.  I think she’s afraid that she might catch something. 

Lisa should have told her that I have the Dengue Fever. They did just have another case reported in Miami. 

D59CD770-B7F1-4778-B3A2-9CA3B2C1F40C.thumb.jpeg.a5a96030cbd38ad14dc0d5a0e16b6587.jpeg

Runny nose, no Kleenex??

Edited by jagsfan

Just now, suesnake2002 said:

Is maya key a ship sponsored tour, or do it on your own. 

ship sponsored. There might be 80-100 people here in total. The snorkelling here is awesome.

here is my video from our first time here. 

• Like 6