Cruise Critic Community
themutis

Recent Haven Menus

I have tried to search and can't seem to find any current haven menus.  We have the opportunity to upgrade at what seems like a good price (if I back out the additional specialty dining we would be purchasing and the cost of the vibe club - if we could secure it).  But would love to see some recent menus.

Thanks in advance.

If you check out this review you’ll find some pics of the Haven menu, but you’ll need to scroll through a lot of other photos.

I have read somewhere that the Haven Room Service Menu has some additional offerings, is this true? And if so, does anyone have a pic of this menu?

1 hour ago, Planner88 said:

I have read somewhere that the Haven Room Service Menu has some additional offerings, is this true? And if so, does anyone have a pic of this menu?

Just ask for anything you want

Here's the Escape Haven dinner menu from two weeks ago. They also have a nightly special that's not on the menu.

IMG_0679.JPG

IMG_0680.JPG

17 hours ago, Planner88 said:

It's the standard room service menu. 

However, you can ask your butler to bring a meal from any restaurant on the ship. If it is specialty restaurant, you pay as though you are eating at that restaurant. 

For example, you get a standard check-box breakfast card. But you can just write what you want from the Haven restaurant (e.g., eggs over easy, egg white omelet with spinach and mushrooms, filet steak, ham, bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes, hash browns, fresh breads, fresh fruits, juices and a Diet Pepsi). 

image.thumb.png.5c53ad670f4b838f34fb7e3e9b8c0d26.png 

We came back from the Joy three weeks ago. It says on the bottom of the menu that there are risks in eating raw or undercooked food.

I HIGHLY recommend that you give this disclosure deep consideration. Especially where the duck is concerned.

I am glad to see the wild mushroom ravioli on the menu. I could be wrong but thought I saw that disappear awhile ago.  That stuff is probably one of my favorite all time meals on NCL.  Its delicious.  The sauce is so good and the ravioli is delicious.

I see the “undercooked” food warning on just about every restaurant I’ve ever eaten in.

Some people are more sensitive to rare meats than others.  I’m not one of them.  I still order my steaks rare.

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

I see the “undercooked” food warning on just about every restaurant I’ve ever eaten in.

Some people are more sensitive to rare meats than others.  I’m not one of them.  I still order my steaks rare.

Three of us will comment on the 'duck' for quite some time. 

Unfortunately.

Go to Borough Market in London if you want really good duck. Otherwise throw the dice, and take your chances.

My last two cruises on the Escape, the buffet featured a carving station with whole Hunan ducks on a spit one evening.  I thought it was quite good.

3 hours ago, FLAHAM said:

My last two cruises on the Escape, the buffet featured a carving station with whole Hunan ducks on a spit one evening.  I thought it was quite good.

I find the duck I’ve had on my NCL cruises to be good also.  Admittedly, I’ll take a steak over duck most days.  Still enjoy duck on occasion, though!