Bringing Quests to Platinum/Elite Lounge

railman

This has never happened to us.  Another couple has just decided to book the same cruise with us.  They are new to Princess but not new to cruising.  I was wondering if we will be able to bring them to the evening cocktail lounge as our guests?

Has anyone else done this?

34 minutes ago, railman said:

This has never happened to us.  Another couple has just decided to book the same cruise with us.  They are new to Princess but not new to cruising.  I was wondering if we will be able to bring them to the evening cocktail lounge as our guests?

Not mandatory that elites/plat/suites attend the nightly event ... I recall a fairly recent post about card checking at the door

2 hours ago, railman said:

My sister shares a room with us and she is not Platinum or Elite, but she always goes with us.  No one has ever said anything to her about it.

Someone was checking cards on our Sapphire Princess cruise this summer and I saw some people turned away.  Maybe they were strict because there were lots of Platinums and Elites (in addition to those in suites) on board; but thankfully not enough that they moved it from Skywalkers to Club Fusion.

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Unless it's crowded, they won't care if an Elite or Platinum  brings along another guest.

It means an additional liquor sale they wouldn't get otherwise but it has to be charged to the Elite/Platinum's account.

Nope. On our last cruise, they didn’t even bat an eyelash at our guest’s blue card.

I always bring my cabin mate, if not qualified to attend on her own, with me to that function, but never someone, even a family member, that is in another cabin. 

Since it is supposedly specifically limited to those who have paid a lot more for their accommodations than the rest of us have and are in a suite, or have earned the right to be there by earning Platinum or Elite status thru many cruises, I consider bringing other passengers who are not sharing my cabin, to be unqualified to attend.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, flamomo said:

I always bring my cabin mate, if not qualified to attend on her own, with me to that function, but never someone, even a family member, that is in another cabin. 

Since it is supposedly specifically limited to those who have paid a lot more for their accommodations than the rest of us have and are in a suite, or have earned the right to be there by earning Platinum or Elite status thru many cruises, I consider bringing other passengers who are not sharing my cabin, to be unqualified to attend.

I agree !!!!!

People also try to bring unqualified people with them to the Elite lounge before Embarkation.....

16 hours ago, railman said:

DW & I were taken to the lounge once by a couple staying in a suite.  The crew member checking at the door scoffed a bit but allowed us in.  To be honest, I felt a little uncomfortable like I was an intruder.  I got the very distinct impression that you are not supposed to bring unqualified guests but they'll tolerate it once or twice.  I wonder how the medallion is going to work as far as staff knowing who belongs and who doesn't.

At any rate, there are a lot of other lounges where you can enjoy an evening cocktail if they turn your friends away.

10 hours ago, capriccio said:

Someone was checking cards on our Sapphire Princess cruise this summer and I saw some people turned away.  Maybe they were strict because there were lots of Platinums and Elites (in addition to those in suites) on board; but thankfully not enough that they moved it from Skywalkers to Club Fusion.

I forgot to add that there were a couple of times when we were in Skywalkers watching sail away before the official start time of the P/E/S cocktail hour.  About 10 minutes before the 'opening' the waiters went around and told non P/E/S folks they had to leave by start time.

We had friends traveling with us once and I asked at the door.  Our friends were welcomed but were told it depended on how busy they were.  So, it depended on each evening’s circumstances.  I’ve been to the P/E/S lounge when it was so busy we couldn’t even find a place to sit so I wouldn’t expect to bring guests then.