Weird customer service/price adjust experience.

KB Cruisin

Hello, this is only my 2nd cruise. I have been watching prices. Mine went down a little so I called in. The RC rep confirmed that it went down and asked for permission to change to the lower price (not telling me what it was, but he said it was lower so I agreed).  Then, after a hold, he says he needs to put me back on hold. I wait a long time and he tells me now the price is going up so he needs to change me back to my original price. When I ask how this could have happened, he wants to know if I want a higher price or my odds price. Of course, I pick my old price. He puts me on hold again for a long time and then comes back to read me some boilerplate and hangs up. 

Soon, I get another email invoice that shows the same total with different discounts so I know he changed something.  It also says I have $75 credit which doesnt show up and was not on my first invoice. 

What happened here? I am very confused. He told me it went down, changed my account, and all of the sudden it did not go down.  What?!?

I had a refundable fare. How can I tell if I still have that since he changed my invoice?

Thanks for any help. It just did not feel right. 

1 minute ago, KB Cruisin said:

I just got n invoice with his changes. Where do I see if I still have refundable fares?

Thank you!

Hopefully one of out resident travel agents can point you in the right direction.  My recollection was that non-refundable deposit was noted on the invoice, but refundable had no special notation.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KB Cruisin said:

Just ran the price again. It did drop and has the $75 credit. He should have lowered it and added that. I am going to call back. Hopefully I dont get someone worse. 

The price that you run on-line may be limited to new bookings only and, therefore, would not apply to your booking.   If you have a refundable fare you will not see the letters NRD anyplace in the "Booking Charges" section of the RCI invoice (in CAPS).   If you see NRD for any discounts then they messed it up.

If you really want them to look at it with a fine tooth comb, call back tomorrow between 9 and 5 (eastern) and explain what happened to the agent and then ask the agent to have resolutions look at the pricing.

Steve

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

The price that you run on-line may be limited to new bookings only and, therefore, would not apply to your booking.   If you have a refundable fare you will not see the letters NRD anyplace in the "Booking Charges" section of the RCI invoice (in CAPS).   If you see NRD for any discounts then they messed it up.

If you really want them to look at it with a fine tooth comb, call back tomorrow between 9 and 5 (eastern) and explain what happened to the agent and then ask the agent to have resolutions look at the pricing.

Steve

Thank you! That is very helpful!