End of cruise review

ORV

So the end of cruise review is now being done online. Here’s the kicker, it has to be done before your cruise ends on the ships Internet. I guess maybe you could do it onshore, but who wants to take port time for that. So far I haven’t been able to access it, but as you can see I’m on the Internet on Marina, such as it is. 

At least Celebrity allows you a week or so after the cruise to do the review. It seems to me that perhaps Oceania really doesn’t want the end of cruise review. 

• Like 1

I'm OK with doing it online as other lines have been doing that for awhile.  But, I've always been able to complete it at home.  I don't want to take time out to do it on the ship and might just skip it.  As surmised, that may be the goal. 

Just did the the online review on Riviera two days ago. Also did it on Nautica in July. 

The positives: 

Saves a few trees.

Info transmitted immediately to Miami office.

Uses ship's intranet so no account switch wait.

Digitized answers allow easier/auto issue ID.

The cons:

Onboard completion deadline very inconvenient.

Assumes all geezers are minimally E-literate.

Bottom line:

Oceania will get better info via digital analysis.

But, completion deadline needs to be flexible.

54 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Just did the the online review on Riviera two days ago. Also did it on Nautica in July. 

The positives: 

Saves a few trees.

Info transmitted immediately to Miami office.

Uses ship's intranet so no account switch wait.

Digitized answers allow easier/auto issue ID.

The cons:

Onboard completion deadline very inconvenient.

Assumes all geezers are minimally E-literate.

Bottom line:

Oceania will get better info via digital analysis.

But, completion deadline needs to be flexible.

Flatbush Flyer,

Thank you for giving us the pros and cons!

Denise😊

When we were on board recently, there were lots of announcements to please complete the survey and where you could go to get help if you were having problems accessing it, so it wasn't like a thing that they were trying to keep secret.  There was also a contest for a random draw of I think $100 OBC to be applied on the current cruise so it seems that they were trying to induce submissions.  I didn't really notice any fewer questions being asked.

We completed it on our tablets without issue.

I think it might be more helpful for O for ease of reading the comments as well because let's be honest, not everyone writes as legibly as they probably think they do.

I think the only real flaw of using this system is that we are unable to provide comments on the last night and disembarkation experience if something substantial happened that warranted a comment, but I suppose that this is a small and usually uneventful gap and one can send a separate email on that if one feels the need to tell O about it.

Edited by ShopperfiendTO

9 minutes ago, ShopperfiendTO said:

There was also a contest for a random draw of I think $100 OBC to be applied on the current cruise so it seems that they were trying to induce submissions.  I didn't really notice any fewer questions being asked.

They have always had the OBC  incentive draw  to hand in the surveys  before the end of the cruise

Since my handwriting tends to diminish in quality the more I write, and since sometimes I don't have enough room to say what I want to say, I wouldn't mind doing these comments online.  In fact, I'd be far more likely to turn them in!

OTOH, I agree that you should have more flexibility in when you can do it.  Since I travel with my laptop, I assume I could save the document in case I wanted to finish it later ... or is that not the case?

Our last cruise was a while ago and they still were using the paper documents then.

Mura

5 minutes ago, Mura said:

Since my handwriting tends to diminish in quality the more I write, and since sometimes I don't have enough room to say what I want to say, I wouldn't mind doing these comments online.  In fact, I'd be far more likely to turn them in!

OTOH, I agree that you should have more flexibility in when you can do it.  Since I travel with my laptop, I assume I could save the document in case I wanted to finish it later ... or is that not the case?

Our last cruise was a while ago and they still were using the paper documents then.

Mura

You can save your spot. But, it is only accessible on the ship's intranet. So, once you disembark, you can no longer connect.

Thanks, Flatbush.  You confirmed my suspicion.

Hopefully they will take note of the objections about having to submit comments the day before departure.  Of course, that was always the case ... you couldn't really turn them in to Reception after leaving the ship ... although you could always email Oceania but how sure can you be that they will all be read?

If they use the ship's intranet it evidently wouldn't be possible.  But I was wondering if it is possible print out the questions on board the ship.  Maybe it isn't, but if it IS then it seems to me that you could prepare something at home and send it on to Oceania later.  Or just make up your own questions saying the pros and cons.

As I said very recently here, perhaps complaints will create a change.  After all, not all of O's demographic is computer literate.  I'm up there myself in terms of age but pretty adept ... not a pro by any means.  But my office considered me their tech guru.  (Which is saying a lot, none of it very good.)  Back then DOS was the king and I bought a few books and read up quite a bit for general info which did help.  Of course, today is not what it was pre-December 2000!

On our first QE2 cruises (the first of two) in 2004 I went up to the internet cafe to see if it was possible to get a flat-rate price.  It wasn't, but virtually everyone up there when I arrived was a senior (older than I was at the time) who were told by their children that they had to take the internet classes so they could email with their children and grandchildren ...

Mura

18 minutes ago, ORV said:

So my wife Teresa won one of the $100 obc for filling out the survey. We had a whole $25 worth of charges to cover at the end. I could have drank more last night. 

You could have bought a bottle of wine  to take home  😉

3 hours ago, ORV said:

They announced it right as we getting off the ship. A little late to buy anything. 

i think they should give it in Cash  

especially when it is awarded the last  day/night

JMO

I would complain 😉