Sailing in 2 weeks!

Lois R

Good morning, 2 weeks away from another cruise! Solo of course:classic_biggrin:

Going on a River Cruise on The River Po which is in Venice with UNIWORLD.:classic_biggrin:

Can't wait...….final 2 week countdown!:classic_biggrin:

Hi Neil, I fly into Venice.  A river cruise that is not an "ordinary one"...…..you probably know Venice is surrounded by

water and is like a lagoon.  This goes to different place in Venice. The places we stop are all new to me so it should be a lot of fun:classic_smile:

59 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Visiting Burano and Murano?  

Yes...…....and the following

Porto Viro, Chioggia

Polesella (Bologna or Ferrara)

Venice Islands (Burano, Mazzorbo, Torcello)

I suggest visiting the glass factory at Murano to see how they operate.  The gift shop has many lovely creations at very expensive prices as you might expect.

Burano was a surprise to me.  It was a more enjoyable visit than I expected.  While the lace shops were obviously the attraction, the entire area was enjoyable.  I suggest that you visit several lace shops if you wish to purchase any.  The designs and the options available for purchase were mind-boggling.  I had in mind what I wanted to buy as to size and that did help me in my shopping.  

Enjoy!  I hope your trip meets your expectations!  

Lois, I wish you a wonderful trip!!  I tried to get on this cruise but was too late, someday I'd love to travel with you. I also leave in 2 weeks for a cruise. I'm retired and went nuts and am going on a 40 day to New Zealand via Hawaii, South Pacific on Holland (solo of course).  Have a great cruise!! 😀

Sue

43 minutes ago, bjbear said:

Lois, I wish you a wonderful trip!!  I tried to get on this cruise but was too late, someday I'd love to travel with you. I also leave in 2 weeks for a cruise. I'm retired and went nuts and am going on a 40 day to New Zealand via Hawaii, South Pacific on Holland (solo of course).  Have a great cruise!! 😀

Sue

Hi Sue, that sounds AWESOME:classic_biggrin:...…….I want to go to New Zealand and Australia...…..either in the 2nd 1/2 of next year or the beginning of 2021.   I am retiring in March and have my first TA crossing booked with another cruise following it and possibly a 3rd one. Maybe one day we will sail together:classic_biggrin:

Oh, thanks and you have a wonderful trip too!!!!!!!

On 10/1/2019 at 1:02 PM, Lois R said:

Hi Todd😁thanks. What flight are you referring to?

Sorry Lois I just got back to this board, the flight from ATL to Venice sounds like a cocktail party at 37,000 feet it is when I'm on the flight have a safe trip, wash your hands twice every hour and have a great time.

Edited by TTEllis

10 hours ago, TTEllis said:

Sorry Lois I just got back to this board, the flight from ATL to Venice sounds like a cocktail party at 37,000 feet it is when I'm on the flight have a safe trip, wash your hands twice every hour and have a great time.

Hi Todd,:classic_smile: I am not going out of Atlanta....LOL......Jax  to Philly, and then on to Venice. Unless you meant you were just on a flight.

Ok the flight from Philly to Venice, I knew you being in Jax thought you might fly out of ATL like we all do in some capacity on the east coast.

Personally Lois I don't fly sober especially transatlantic flights. By the time I get on the plane I've already taken the edge off no problemo. I have buddy's who not only don't fly sober they fly sedated I'm not that bad. Jax to Philly hmmmmm don't drink on that flight Lois😁  

I know you don't drink Lois, I would certainly make an exception for the Philly to Venice puddle jumper flight.

Btw that flight from Philly to Venice how long is the flight??

I would have to make it a party or I would go bonkers.

Have a great trip Lois I cannot wait to hear about your awesome RIVER cruise, that's genius. Take PICTURES Be safe Todd

10 hours ago, journeymore said:

Enjoy your cruise. I’m also thinking of doing Australia and New Zealand in 2021 or 2022.  

I'm thinking about "Australia and New Zealand in 2021 or 2022"!!!!, actually I'm sick of thinking about it I'm going just not exactly but pretty sure "when" I'm going. I'll figure it out. 

Hi Todd, not sure why you think I don't drink...…….I love wine and some beer and the cocktail as well.:classic_wink:

As for my flight? I am going Business Class so that is really nice......seat goes all the way down to a bed and you

get real food and drink.:classic_biggrin:

Not really sure why I thought you didn't drink Lois but I'm certainly glad that you do.😊

Business Class I've never flown Business Class before you not only get a bed and great food, you get a pillow and blankey to stay comfey the whole flight over and back, that's HUGE!!

Your leaving in 2 days, I'm not sure I would be getting much sleep, who cares you get to sleep on the flight over.😁

Have a great trip Lois, can't wait to see pictures and read your review. 

Take care Todd

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Neil, thanks so much...….I got home last night and took the day off today......back to work tomorrow.

The cruise was wonderful:classic_biggrin:  Uniworld is excellent!!!!!!!!