First Time on Equinox Questions

Tarpeian Rock

Stateroom outlets: We know power strips aren't allowed, but with the number of chargers most of us travel with now, we're wondering as to the number of US standard 110 outlets in a typical verandah stateroom. 

Water: Have been puzzled by the number of threads on bottled water, both still and premium. Water can be "safe" but unpleasant to drink (looking at you, Disney World). Is the ship's water palatable or problematic?

Beverages in the Buffet: Is there any beverage service (beer, wine, soda) in the Oceanview, or is it only self serve water / coffee / juice?

We've done 14 or so cruises on other lines, but this is our first on Celebrity. Thanks! 

We haven't sailed in a veranda for a while so can't answer about the outlets.

The water on Celebrity at the buffet is fine to drink.  I actually preferred it to the bottled water on Reflection last year.  The tap water in the room doesn't get cold enough for me to enjoy it. If you want to fill your own bottle from the buffet Celebrity requests that you put it in a glass and then fill your bottle from that.

The buffet has self service coffee, tea, juices at breakfast, ice tea and punch for lunch and later, and water. You can also get milk.

There is bar service at the buffet and waiters going around to take your order, although they can sometimes be hard to find.

1) There were 2 outlets in our suite on Equinox earlier this month - one at table level and one closer to the ground.

2) The ship's water is definitely palatable. 

3) There is a bar in the buffet offering beer and wine - that's all we ever ordered there but I would assume they also do mixed drinks. They had sangria as well but I only noticed it one day in passing so not sure if that was an every day offering. 

As far as outlets, this is from a Concierge Cabin 5 months ago (pre revolution) at the desk and in the bathroom ceiling.  I didn't look for one closer to the floor.  We have a high speed 4 port charger and 4 USB cables plugged in to that so only took up one of the 2 desk outlets.

We would drink the water, but also stopped by a bar and got a water to go which we kept in the fridge in the room just so it was cold, and hander to take a quick drink and put away.

As you've heard, there is a bar in the Cafe

20190323_134120.jpg

20190323_134244.jpg

9 hours ago, Tarpeian Rock said:

Water: Have been puzzled by the number of threads on bottled water, both still and premium. Water can be "safe" but unpleasant to drink (looking at you, Disney World). Is the ship's water palatable or problematic?

Yuck!  Disney World water is like drinking from a pond.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, billslowsky said:

Yuck!  Disney World water is like drinking from a pond.

That is true of most water in Florida.

The bottled water available on the Classic Package on Equinox was borderline drinkable.  We enjoyed the ship's water more or get one of the premium waters but pay more for it.  

As for outlets, I recall two at the desk and one in the bathroom.

Beverages in the buffet are 24/7.   Coffee, hot tea, ice tea, milk, lemonade, punch drink, guava drink and water.   The water tastes great, no smell either.      Also full bar, and drink servers roaming around.    There is also a water dispenser in the Aqua Spa Cafe,  and the same drinks above during their hours.   We bring a refillable bottle if not getting the drink package.  Pre-revolution we had no problem with the bottle water on Classic package.   Not sure what we will get with it next week.

The plug in the bathroom only works a shaver.   Only 2 outlets (US) in the regular/concierge rooms,  so bring a power strip without a cord, non surge protected.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2019 at 11:45 AM, Tarpeian Rock said:

Stateroom outlets: We know power strips aren't allowed, but with the number of chargers most of us travel with now, we're wondering as to the number of US standard 110 outlets in a typical verandah stateroom. 

Just off the Equinox recently.  Here is a pic of an adapter I got via Amazon and used.  The only problem is you can't use the middle outlet once one of the plugs is used.  I loved the USB ports for our phone chargers.

IMG_3223.jpg  This adapter has a night light that I love.

IMG_3224.jpg 

On 9/28/2019 at 11:45 AM, Tarpeian Rock said:

They say it's safe, but we take a couple of bottles of water with us anyway.  There is also bottles of water in your cabin you can purchase.  The water I get in the MDR and the buffet have always tasted ok to me.

Beverages in the Buffet: Is there any beverage service (beer, wine, soda) in the Oceanview, or is it only self serve water / coffee / juice?

On the Equinox there is a bar as you enter the buffet.  There are also "waiters" who come around asking if you want something from the bar.

We've done 14 or so cruises on other lines, but this is our first on Celebrity. Thanks! 

I think you will like Celebrity.  We've sailed Carnival, RCI, Princess, HAL, and we love Celebrity.  It's comparable to RCI and Princess.