Collared Shirt question

pnsnkr

I got a killer deal (only $1039.25 + shipping) on this (these?) Balenciaga designer shirt(s) and thought might come in handy for a quick switcharoo at  6p from casual to collared shirt.  Just checking the collective wisdom of this forum before packing it in.

Thanks

image.thumb.png.740778e1da8354714186c3c90ad1d141.pngimage.thumb.png.3e965801947a76b92a76d44d2df8a112.png 

I was sure this was a joke until I looked it up. Yikes.

So I'll apologize in advance to fellow travelers on my upcoming cruise that the total value of my t-shirts and collared shirts is likely less than the cost of this shirt, and because of my apparent frugality, I will be wearing only one shirt at a time. 😉

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, raphael360 said:

I also looked this shirt up an believe OP paid too much.  One can buy this shirt for $995 US. Arguably the ugliest and most expensive collared shirt on the planet but certainly acceptable on non formal nights IMHO. 

Because of the mention of the price and the posting of Balenciaga stock model photos, I really really thought this post was an "advertisement in disguise". I apologize for my less than kind response to pnsnkr's post.   So yes pnsnkr, your $1039.25 + shipping Balenciaga collared  shirt will be just as acceptable on non-formal nights as my $5.20 Kohl's clearance rack collared shirt. It's the "collar" that counts.

• Thanks 1

How interesting. A $40 checked shirt with a $30 polo shirt sewn on the back in such a way that you can pretend to be superman with your own cape as you walk around.

I don't think people would make fun of you at all either on the ship or elsewhere. Crack on and get that money spent. You're going to make a shop keeper somewhere very happy. 😂

Just before you press the buy button take advice from an English gentleman and Google "Thomas Pink" of Jermyn Street, London. A great starting point when developing an adult wardrobe.....

Edited by Able Seaman H

Although I consider myself fairly fashion-forward (loves me my Burberry), I had never heard of Balenciaga until it was the last word screamed by Myrtle Snow before she was burned at the stake in AHS "The Coven." So I had a little look at their website. I'll be charitable and just say their men's wear is best described as interesting. But this shirt meets the criteria, so one should be good to go 

• Haha 1

On 10/1/2019 at 8:20 AM, Able Seaman H said:

How interesting. A $40 checked shirt with a $30 polo shirt sewn on the back in such a way that you can pretend to be superman with your own cape as you walk around.

I don't think people would make fun of you at all either on the ship or elsewhere. Crack on and get that money spent. You're going to make a shop keeper somewhere very happy. 😂

Just before you press the buy button take advice from an English gentleman and Google "Thomas Pink" of Jermyn Street, London. A great starting point when developing an adult wardrobe.....

I showed this to my shirt maker,Turnbull & Asser of Jermyn Street and after careful consideration he thought that it would make a good polishing cloth for the car.

• Haha 1