Canada/New England questions

hillbilly cruiser

Crap shoot  have been there a bunch of times.  Last time 2 years ago. Boston was mid 90's in late September, Portland was a comfy low 80's.  Halifax and SJ were cold, pouring rain and foggy.  Bring layers.  We are going next week. Just keeping our fingers crossed lol. 

5 hours ago, hillbilly cruiser said:

Thinking about Canada/New England cruise in Sept.

What can you tell me about the weather, ports and shore trips.

Any must see things?

Been to Alaska 

Bring fall type clothing with you. A light jacket, sweater or sweatshirt, long sleeve shirt or two, a hat and mabe a thin pair of gloves.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2019 at 8:28 PM, hillbilly cruiser said:

Any must see things?

Been to Alaska 

Just completed a 2-week cruise on the Summit, having visited Boston, Portland, Saguenay, Sydney, and Halifax. Be glad to answer any questions you might have. Fall weather is, of course, unpredictable. Definitely plan on taking along layers. Our temps were mostly in the high 50s and so I got by with just a hooded sweatshirt even when walking around up on the top deck. Great excursions to be had in all ports. Must sees? A few suggestions might be Acadia NP, Kennebunkport, "Anne of Green Gables" in PEI, Salem, Titanic cemetery when in Halifax - as well as the Citadel and Gardens. Of course, Quebec City is a highlight of any cruise up that way - which is why most ships overnight. Go and enjoy. 

On 9/28/2019 at 8:28 PM, hillbilly cruiser said:

Any must see things?

My wife and I did a 14-night New England/Canada cruise just last month (Sept. 8-22, 2019) on the Celebrity Summit, round trip from Cape Liberty, NJ, with port calls in Boston, Portland, Bar Harbor, Quebec City (overnight), Charlottetown, Sydney, and Halifax.   We enjoyed it very much.   If you haven't seen it already, I have a very detailed review, with photos, at the link below.  Although my initial comments are about the Summit, most of the review is about what we did (and ate 😋) in the various ports, so you may find it helpful.  I'm happy to answer any questions.

PS:  The photo in the link above is not mine.  It's an image inserted by a Cruise Critic gremlin; this seems to happen when links are posted in other threads. There are plenty of my own photos of food in my review!  🤣

Edited by Turtles06