OK, which one of you missed the ship (Glory) last week in Cozumel?

jimcald

Another funny story from last week:

We were next to the Glory in Cozumel last Wednesday and were sitting up un deck 11 watching her pull away. As I was watching the Glory it seemed she was getting closer to the pier again (she had been about 10 yards or more away from it) and all of a sudden I heard a loud clang. I walked over to the rail and looked down to see a couple of people running down the pier and jumping on the ramp that just been thrown onto the pier from the Glory (the ship was alongside the pier with just the thrusters and I am not even sure it was touching the pier bumpers at all). I think that I have now seen exactly how late someone can be and still make it on the ship icon_eek.gif

I guess technicly speaking they missed it and it came back for them icon_wink.gif

Jim...

Adventure of the Seas - Thanksgiving Cruise 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;11;21;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnival Elation - Easter Cruise 2004

RCI Explorer of the Seas - Feb 2003

Carnival Inspiration - Feb 2002

NCL Seaward (AKA Norwegian Sea) - June 1992

USS Dale (CG-19) - 1990

USS Coontz (DDG-40) - 1988

I swear that time must be warped in Cozumel or something. icon_rolleyes.gif I have heard several posters tell of people missing the boat or at least NEARLY missing it at that port! When we sailed there last winter on the Holiday, we waited for stragglers...totally inebriated stragglers. The passengers cheered them on as they were running (and falling) for the ship...the crew was NOT amused. icon_mad.gif

I believe in Miracles

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

MIRACLE JUNE 19, 2004

Calm Seas, Good Friends

yuppppp....its always a HOOT to WATCH in Cozumel...just as we pull away.... LMAO

On to VICTORY !!

~C

Victory 5/2004

Celebration 7/89

Triumph 6/2001

Victory 5/2002

Triumph 5/2003

Celebration 2/2004'Noro'SURVIVOR

Too funny! Can you see anything if you have an aft cabin? We have one that wraps around just a little bit.

Click here-Meet other CC members 5/23 Victory

dolphin_flips.gif

Take care,

http://community.webshots.com/user/afdds

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2004;5;23;4;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

5/23 Carnival Victory

Carnival Legend, Panama, 2003

Norwegian Star, Hawaii,2001

Aida, Sicily 1999

Fasination San Juan-1995

I can see that happening more since the new dock is right there by Carlos & Charlies - everyone thinking they have time for one more - lol. I am laughing just thinking about it.

Carnival

Fantasy 11/91, Ecstasy 1/98, Fascination 11/99, Paradise 2/00, Imagination 4/02, Ecstasy 5/03, Paradise 10/03

Royal Caribbean

Sovereign of the Seas 4/04

Kind of funny story here too. I had a roll call thread for our March cruise on the Celebration. only 2 posters responded, with one being a lady who was cruising with her college-age daughter. Her 1st name was on the bottom of the thread along with a user name that was a play on words of her actual last name. Darned if I didn't hear them urgently paging 2 ladies when we were getting ready to depart from cozumel~~~and it had to be the same person I had corresponded with (& her DD) based on the names they were paging!!! I couldn't believe it!!! She was an experienced cruiser! Me & DH had a laugh about it. I do hope she made it back in time; I never did have the nerve to find out icon_biggrin.gif

Penny

Disney Magic~~Eastern 7/03

Carnival Celebration~~Western 3/04

Aug 1, 2004 Carnival Elation--Yippee, Our 3rd Cruise!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;1;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Oh Penny that is the funniest yet! Yeah I would not have been able to find out myself if they had made the ship - it kinda makes you vested in the issue.

That is just too funny!!!!

Carnival

Fantasy 11/91, Ecstasy 1/98, Fascination 11/99, Paradise 2/00, Imagination 4/02, Ecstasy 5/03, Paradise 10/03

Royal Caribbean

Sovereign of the Seas 4/04

I always listen to the pages close to departing time...they inevitably announce the missing people's names......I love being on Lido to watch the mad dash as someone almost always makes it!

Militant Breastfeeding & Homebirth Proponent-Sandra Carmichael

Mardi Gras 6/79

Mardi Gras 6/79

(back to back cruises)

Celebration 8/02

Splendour of the Seas 3/03

Jubilee 7/03

Conquest 1/04

Celebration 1/04

Elation 2/04

Elation *coming again* 1/05

with 911 and the pictures on the seapasses being scanned now it is soomuch easier for them to tell if all are aboard.. so most ships will delay a little if the person/persons are not on at least long enogh to check with local authorites to make sure there are no accidents etc.. but then they leave..

That is my hubby and my favorite pastime ona cruise is to go up on deck and watch the stargglers be dragged pulled pushed carried back to the ship it is sooo fuunny......

The best almost missed I have ever witnessed was a woman in her 60's or so stumbling/sloshing her way towards the ship yelling for it to wait, then two of the Mexican Army guys (you know the ones with the M-16's) rush to help her when she shews them away no wanting any help. Finally they had seen enough of the drunken American and locked arms swooping her off her feet and deposited her on the ship. We were surrounded by a few hundred fellow passengers cheering on the whole festivities and talking about how Carlos and Charlies got another one.

Carnival Pride 2/08/04

Carnival Pride 2/03

Inspiration 1/02

Ecstasy 5/01

Jim, I am trying to orient myself to where the Elation docks in Cozumel. I was on the Celebration last summer and it was close to Fat Tuesdays. Does the Elation dock somewhere other than that? Is there a different dock close to Carlos and Charlies?

When we walked off the dock Fat Tuesdays was right there. I don't know if it docks in the same place each time but it did that day. The Glory was on the same pier. I saw another first this cruise. Once the Glory left another Carnival ship (don't remember which) took her place at the pier within about 15 minutes. The ship that took her place had tendered all her passengers in the morning but then it appeared they went to the pier to get back on the ship (I can see how that would get really confusing if you have spent too much time at Carlos and Charlies icon_wink.gif ).

Jim...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;11;21;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

USS Dale (CG-19) - 1990

On 3/31/04, the Elation docked at the Puerta Maya pier -- the one about 10 minutes by taxi from downtown. The Glory was alongside us that morning, then the Fascination moved in and was there when we got back late afternoon. There were 8 cruise ships in port that day and I don't think you can be certain a specific ship will be in the same location week-to-week.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CanTex:

On 3/31/04, the Elation docked at the Puerta Maya pier -- the one about 10 minutes by taxi from downtown. The Glory was alongside us that morning, then the Fascination moved in and was there when we got back late afternoon (there were 8 cruise ships in port that day).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it was the Fascination. I did not know they did that...

Jim...

USS Dale (CG-19) - 1990

On every Coz. reboarding, there are 2 kinds of people. Those watching the docks entertainment from their balcony or an open deck. And those that ARE the entertainment on the dock.

We did a Halloween cruise to Key West once, the reboarding was every bit as good as Cozumel. But you can count on Cozumel every trip.

Dan

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;9;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till 9/5 Paradise Panama Canal

The really dangerous place is Senior Frogs in Playa del Carmen (Calica). When you get have that "Oh S&!T" moment it is still a 10-15 minute cab ride back to the docks in Calica.

You don't want to know how fast those cabs can go!

Windjammer Fantome May 1988 ?

Elation Sept 2001

Voyager of the Seas May 2002

Celebration July 2002

Jubilee Sept 2002

Destiny June 2003

Jubilee Sept 2003

The cab drivers make a killing from C&C to the Puerta Maya pier. Trust me on this.

icon_cool.gif

Imagination 1/2005

Explorer of the Seas 9/2004

Fascination 1/2004

Carnivale 9/1985

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;09;19;5;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until we explore on EXPLORER OF THE SEAS

Archived