Cruise Critic Community
kcbookworm

Tell me about Quantum class!

I have sailed on Oasis class, Voyager class, and Majesty. I am curious about Quantum class.  It looks like those ships have some unique features. How does it compare to the others?  What do you like about the those ships?

9 minutes ago, kcbookworm said:

Why?  What do you love about Quantum class?  

It's like Radiance class on steroids, in touch with the sea with many ocean views. Read through this live report

34 minutes ago, kcbookworm said:

I have sailed on Oasis class, Voyager class, and Majesty. I am curious about Quantum class.  It looks like those ships have some unique features. How does it compare to the others?  What do you like about the those ships?

Good info here about Anthem:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?type=forums_topic&search_and_or=or&search_in=titles&nodes=51&q=anthem

Great ship for cold weather sailing, 2 indoor pools, bumper cars, good layout.   Also a favorite ship for ours.

3 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

How do you think it will be in the Caribbean?

There should be LOTS of reviews of Anthem in the Caribbean, she sailed NYC-Canaveral-CoCo Cay-Nassau all last Spring (2018).

I booked the Odysee yesterday and after looking at it, I feared it maybe a larger Radiance class. We did not care for the Radiance and Serenade as they feel closed in and only has a central Centrum as the hub of everything. I hope I didn't make a mistake.  Anthem reviews didn't look to promising either.  Dang! Should have researched more!

4 hours ago, kcbookworm said:

To us, it is the Oasis step child. All of the hassle and crowds of a big ship without the space to properly accommodate all of the people. That being said, we have only sailed on the Anthem, and during our sailing, the shows involving robots were constantly plagued with malfunctions and cancellations. We were kinda disappointed and toward the end of the cruise, in a continual re-plan to go and see cancelled shows.  

Classier than any of the other ships imho. Great design. Never overcrowded. A lot of great sea views. 270 is unrivalled.

My favourite class. 

70F0415E-91D7-44A6-A60A-8F4832FC09FA.jpeg

CAB54403-A8A5-402A-B579-B7D8D61E1310.jpeg

5 hours ago, Nangelina said:

I booked the Odysee yesterday and after looking at it, I feared it maybe a larger Radiance class. We did not care for the Radiance and Serenade as they feel closed in and only has a central Centrum as the hub of everything. I hope I didn't make a mistake.  Anthem reviews didn't look to promising either.  Dang! Should have researched more!

wow this surprises me cause Radiance class is my favorite because there are windows and outdoor areas everywhere. I wouldn't worry, read Hoopsters review. He has great pics of the whole ship

We loved Anthem, more than Oasis, and will be sailing her the third time this November.  Little smaller than Oasis and we feel way more things for a family to do.  People say it is crowed but not any more than any other ship after shows or during those big sales in the shops.  We go to watch the people.  We have also booked the Odyssey and are looking forward to that also.