Quest to Antarctica & South Georgia Island - One more question...

KenPhotoGeek

Previously, when we have traveled on Seabourn Quest, our favorite dining venue has been The Patio.  We have eaten there while cruising the North Atlantic, and (on another Seabourn Ship) in Scandinavia, so we have been out there in cooler weather.  Is dining on The Patio available during all or parts of the trip from Buenos Aires to South Georgia Island to Antarctica and on to Santiago?

BTW, are there any other Star Trek TNG fans who refer to the Observation Bar as "Ten Forward", because, after all, it is on Deck 10, and it is all the way forward...?

• Like 1

The Patio is now called "Earth and Ocean" and has a very different menu.  IMHO, it's the best dining venue on board, although it can be repetitive on a long voyage.  It is open on most cold weather nights as they set up heat lamps.  Some of us wore our Seabourn parkas while dining, more luxury.

• Like 2

Another vote for Earth and Ocean being the best dining venue on board.  We were on an Arctic circle cruise this May on Quest, and the rain and cold was not conducive to dining outside so we only had the chance to eat there twice.  When we talked to the Hotel Manager, he said that steps were being taken to have permanent heaters installed for that venue.

Heaters or no, I still wish that this venue was not held hostage to the elements.

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.  Yes, I knew that they now call it "Earth and Ocean", we have been on several cruises with this format.  We still prefer The Patio to the other venues, even though we do miss the older, less formal, dining experience.  I have always felt that the service on The Patio is better and more personal, plus it is easy to jump up and take a photo if the opportunity presents itself.

What you describe with parkas and heat lamps sounds a lot like when we ate out there as we crossed the North Atlantic.

Just now, Kate-AHF said:

Another vote for Earth and Ocean being the best dining venue on board.  We were on an Arctic circle cruise this May on Quest, and the rain and cold was not conducive to dining outside so we only had the chance to eat there twice.  When we talked to the Hotel Manager, he said that steps were being taken to have permanent heaters installed for that venue.

Heaters or no, I still wish that this venue was not held hostage to the elements.

We were on Sojourn in April/May and she already has the permanent heat lamps installed, so, hopefully they are coming soon to Quest...

2 hours ago, KenPhotoGeek said:

BTW, are there any other Star Trek TNG fans who refer to the Observation Bar as "Ten Forward", because, after all, it is on Deck 10, and it is all the way forward...?

Yes! We traveled with friends two years ago on their first Seabourn cruise, and quickly took to calling it Ten Forward. And I think it is now our name for any cruise ship observation lounge -- we took a river cruise with the same couple this past summer, and referred to the lounge as Ten Forward, even though there were only four decks on the ship!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kate-AHF said:

Strange, when we were in Antarctica on Quest in December 2014 the heaters were there. We ate outside ever day, my wife preferred it (even though she normally hates the cold) as she said the Champagne  didn’t become warm.

4E35910E-E9A5-4A4C-9F79-27BE6C5B1074.png

Edited by SKP946
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2019 at 11:33 AM, KenPhotoGeek said:

Ha!  That's what I'll call it from now on!

• Like 2