No more balloon drop?

h-sar

On 9/30/2019 at 7:16 AM, MishelleMcc said:

We will be on Princess for the first time in December. (Grand Princess to Hawaii)  I'm sorry to see this tradition go away because it was unique to Princess and we looked forward the experience.  But I am sure there other things unique to Princess that we will also love experiencing.  The thing is, times are changing.  We all (human race) need to become more environmentally aware/responsible.  These things - billions of rubber pieces - end up in landfills (at best) and in the waterways.  I know we will still enjoy our cruise...  I am lucky to even be on the ship!  Peace to all!  Happy cruising!🥳

P&O have balloon drops on one of their speciality nights

On 10/3/2019 at 2:39 PM, coo359a2 said:

Wonder if they will stop passing out balloons to the audience to blow up during pre show at  I believe the talent shows.  The audience had about 10 minutes or so of batting balloons back and forth in the theater before the show started.

We are on Crown P right now and our neighbors have Birthday posters on their doors but no balloons.

I think there used to be.

On 10/4/2019 at 5:34 PM, Potstech said:

Balloons are cheap and do not take up much room.

We've packed a few for our next trip and I'm certain it'll be the last thing they'll be checking for when scanning our luggage. 🎈🎈

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

We've packed a few for our next trip and I'm certain it'll be the last thing they'll be checking for when scanning our luggage. 🎈🎈

Can I get you a bigger spoon?

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Are they checking for spoons now? 

Never brought one to the ship before.

Funny that.  We had a couple of days before boarding of visiting family and staying in a hotel.  One night we got a couple of extra sporks in with my KFC mashed potatoes and gravy, and the next night a bunch of sporks with my Taco Bell pintos and cheese.  I tossed those extras in one of my carry-ons to take back home when it was time.

No one batted an eye lash at either the sporks or my plastic straws I brought with me.  Is this going to be a thing now?  Will those things end up in the naughty room or tossed out?

Edited by Lindaru

On 9/29/2019 at 2:39 PM, shanecindy21403 said:

Well we won't miss it at all. We went to one of them years ago and it was total chaos and mass confusion. The people act like they are dropping free cruise and OBC credit certificates. If anything we'll watch the pandemonium from afar seeing other people get drinks spilled on them and feet stepped on. Actually saw people get in a shoving match over an empty balloon.

1 hour ago, Lindaru said:

Funny that.  We had a couple of days before boarding of visiting family and staying in a hotel.  One night we got a couple of extra sporks in with my KFC mashed potatoes and gravy, and the next night a bunch of sporks with my Taco Bell pintos and cheese.  I tossed those extras in one of my carry-ons to take back home when it was time.

No one batted an eye lash at either the sporks or my plastic straws I brought with me.  Is this going to be a thing now?  Will those things end up in the naughty room or tossed out?

If they ever start checking in that much detail to board the ship we'll all have to be at the dock at 8 AM sharp just to make a late sailing. 

There are some people who just go overboard when it comes to justifying the plastic thing.

They might even spot some of my other items that have been slipping through. :classic_wink:

• Like 1

I think its sensible that Princess are removing balloons and plastic straws (except straws for people with disabilities).

Its fun for some but I care more about the planet.

Surely there is something else that can replace the drop...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jcruizer said:

I think its sensible that Princess are removing balloons and plastic straws (except straws for people with disabilities).

Would they be paper or plastic?

Its fun for some but I care more about the planet.

Surely there is something else that can replace the drop...

How about just a paper slip? Surely that would be considered environmentally friendly. 

See above.

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:12 PM, CineGraphic said:

Ever see the inside of one of your beloved turtles?

hawks.jpg.a21d2514bccd50ac7e31540ba6977d59.jpg

Those are balloon fragments from balloons you claim they don't ingest.

Now you are confusing folks with facts.  And yes, this is sarcasm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:39 AM, CineGraphic said:

Thank you for posting this.  Unfortunately those who don't care about our environment won't click on the link and read it.  It is all about them.  They will be very quick to blame other countries for creating more pollution and use that as an excuse not to take small steps on cruise ships or anywhere else.  They want their plastic straws, plastic bottles, balloons, (etc.) and to them that is all that matters.

• Like 4

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:27 PM, LoriPhil said:

...  I'll miss the festiveness they bring, but appreciate the bigger picture.

Unfortunately there are some who cannot (or refuse) to see the bigger picture.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, tip said:

Thank you for posting this.  Unfortunately those who don't care about our environment won't click on the link and read it.  It is all about them.  They will be very quick to blame other countries for creating more pollution and use that as an excuse not to take small steps on cruise ships or anywhere else.  They want their plastic straws, plastic bottles, balloons, (etc.) and to them that is all that matters.

If Princess was really interested in reducing the plastic pollution problem they should at least add it to the banned item list. 

In the meantime.....I'll be waiting for all the polluting countries to wake up & do their part. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

If Princess was really interested in reducing the plastic pollution problem they should at least add it to the banned item list. 

In the meantime.....I'll be waiting for all the polluting countries to wake up & do their part. 

It’s always the other guy..

• Like 4

7 hours ago, MissP22 said:

And if that was everyone's attitude, nothing good would ever get done:classic_wacko:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I'll let you lead the way & show us all how it's done.

There are plenty who are trying to lead the way if you choose not to. You are not following. Oh, I you know; you’re not a follower either.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, richsea said:

There are plenty who are trying to lead the way if you choose not to. You are not following. Oh, I you know; you’re not a follower either.

Oh I do follow when I think it's appropriate.