B2B short cruises

Cruisegirl6

We just booked up the Mariner B2B curious, I realize most people that do this book week long cruises, but do you book B2B on 3/4 night cruises?  We will be going to Coco Cay twice so I think that is good.  Just curious whether people book B2B on short cruises?

Edited by Cruisegirl6

I think I read on the "I'm a crew member" thread that the Mariner is now visiting Coco Cay twice on the 4-day so you'll actually have visits there.  I would personally prefer a 7 night cruise but 7 days is better than 4 any way you do it.

Roy

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

ouch, but wasn't that 21 nights after conversion

Christmas and New Years 2012 so sadly it was only 11 points.  It was Diamonds in December but sadly we weren’t Diamonds so didn’t get any extra points.

booked December 10 of that year.  Great last minute price.  It was just under $1500 total for the 11 days over the holidays. 

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Christmas and New Years 2012 so sadly it was only 11 points.  It was Diamonds in December but sadly we weren’t Diamonds so didn’t get any extra points.

booked December 10 of that year.  Great last minute price.  It was just under $1500 total for the 11 days over the holidays. 

We were on the beginning of that month. We got the dbl😇

Never mind, we were on Freedom Dec 16 - 23

B2B Monarch was in 2010

Edited by John&LaLa

11 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I think I read on the "I'm a crew member" thread that the Mariner is now visiting Coco Cay twice on the 4-day so you'll actually have visits there.  I would personally prefer a 7 night cruise but 7 days is better than 4 any way you do it.

Roy

Hi Roy,

We are doing the three night then the 4 night (B2B), the four night sailing does not go to Coco Cay twice we have an actual sea day.

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Not a fan of two turn around days a week. To each his own I guess. 

Can you tell us why you feel this way?  We want to go out of Port Canaveral for this cruise and the only ship there is the Harmony been on her a couple of times, never been on the Mariner yet and like to try it, the reason why we chose the Mariner B2B plus my sister/brother in law loved Coco Cay they said they go there twice in a cruise, another reason why we chose this B2B.

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What is diamonds in December, do they have it this year?

We have to change rooms have a balcony for the first 3 nights and a JS the 4 nights, question, I heard that they have a service for those who do B2B, you pack your luggage and keep it in the room at night and when you leave your cabin at the end of that part of the cruise they take your luggage to your next cabin, is this true?

Where would they let us stay when our first part of the cruise ends?  I assume they have a designated area for me to go, anybody know what that would be?

11 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

We have to change rooms have a balcony for the first 3 nights and a JS the 4 nights, question, I heard that they have a service for those who do B2B, you pack your luggage and keep it in the room at night and when you leave your cabin at the end of that part of the cruise they take your luggage to your next cabin, is this true?

Where would they let us stay when our first part of the cruise ends?  I assume they have a designated area for me to go, anybody know what that would be?

You pack up everything but you can leave hanging clothes in the closet.  They will move all your luggage and hanging clothes to the new cabin.

You will have to report to a designated area in the morning to go through the B2B reboarding process at a specific time.  They will leave you instructions as to the when/where.  If you don't have that at the end of your first leg you need to go to Guest Services. 

Outside of that you are free to roam anywhere on the ship while everyone debarks.

Edited by AshleyDillo

10 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Haven't had to move but on our b2b you met in the lounge for the change over. We didn't have to walk off but usually walk you off and back on with your new cards.  Then you have access to the whole ship. In the first discuss the move with your cabin stewa.

A bit confusing, let me see if I got this straight, they give me a designated area at a certain time, anybody know what that time would be, hate for it to be around 7-7:30 lol hoping to get some sleep in.  At the designated area they walk us off and we pick up our new cards then go back on the ship, did I understand this correctly?  It would be nice they distribute our cards in the designated area....I'm still learning, appreciate your help.

The process can very between ships and the Ports First thing I recommend you do, is notify your cabin attendant if your changing rooms and continuing on with the next cruise,  check with Guest Services that they have you as consecutive. Approximately 3/4 days before the end of your first cruise, you will receive a letter letting you know the place and time to meet where they go over the instructions and how your new cards will be handed out. This meeting might be done later in the morning or early afternoon but not at 7:30 AM. As mentioned leave clothes on hangers and pack up everything else your cabin attendant will move to the next room. 

When we came off the Transpacific then sailed the Hawaii to Seattle, we picked up our new cards between 6 & 9 AM the day we ported in Honolulu either at Guest Services or the dining room if 9 or after. As soon as we had our cards we were free to leave the ship. 

14 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

We just booked up the Mariner B2B curious, I realize most people that do this book week long cruises, but do you book B2B on 3/4 night cruises?  We will be going to Coco Cay twice so I think that is good.  Just curious whether people book B2B on short cruises?

We often do B2B short cruises out of Port Canaveral as do many of our friends. Some do several B2B2B in succession.

Edited by Scotty G

Since we rarely get off any ship to visit ports anymore, we look at a B2B 3/4 or 4/3 as just another 7-night cruise. Sailing out of Port Canaveral with the choice of Harmony or Mariner gives us two good ships to choose from. We currently have three B2B's booked on Mariner, and were able to do those in a JS for about the same price as a 7-night on Harmony in a OV balcony.:classic_cool:

1 hour ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

A bit confusing, let me see if I got this straight, they give me a designated area at a certain time, anybody know what that time would be, hate for it to be around 7-7:30 lol hoping to get some sleep in.  At the designated area they walk us off and we pick up our new cards then go back on the ship, did I understand this correctly?  It would be nice they distribute our cards in the designated area....I'm still learning, appreciate your help.

Something like that but it will be closer to 9:30 in the morning.   Sleep in (sort of) or have a leisure breakfast. 

The letter you will receive in your cabin a day or two before will explain all of the information including the relevant times and places

Have fun 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

2 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Can you tell us why you feel this way?  We want to go out of Port Canaveral for this cruise and the only ship there is the Harmony been on her a couple of times, never been on the Mariner yet and like to try it, the reason why we chose the Mariner B2B plus my sister/brother in law loved Coco Cay they said they go there twice in a cruise, another reason why we chose this B2B.

I just feel it's a wasted day. And not a fan of muster. So we prefer one 7 day to a 3/4 b2b.

Plus, you dont have time to go anywhere.