Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
icu222much

Oasis Class Buffet vs Vegas Buffet

Recommended Posts

I am going on a cruise on either the Allure or Oasis of the Sea next year. This will be my first cruise with Royal Caribbean. I am wondering what the quality of the buffet will be like when compared to a buffet on the Vegas strip. Are we looking at a buffet similar to Wynn/Cosmo/Aria, or something along the lines of a Paris/Luxor/MandalayBay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, icu222much said:

I am going on a cruise on either the Allure or Oasis of the Sea next year. This will be my first cruise with Royal Caribbean. I am wondering what the quality of the buffet will be like when compared to a buffet on the Vegas strip. Are we looking at a buffet similar to Wynn/Cosmo/Aria, or something along the lines of a Paris/Luxor/MandalayBay?

 

No idea about Vegas, but Royal buffet is pretty weak. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, icu222much said:

Imperial Palace -> Quad -> Linq?

 

So I'm imagining something along the lines of Circus/Strat?

 

Golden Corral is better😇

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine the Link as a step up from the I/P, though I've never been to the Linq.  Haven't been to Vegas since they started charging for parking.  I think Royal is probably cleaner than the North end of the strip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, icu222much said:

That bad huh 😞

 

How is the quality of the food in their main dining room?

 

Fair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on the WJ is not at all that bad folks...and on some ships it's pretty good....after all you're on vacation and have a view of the ocean...what could be better !

 

I for one very much like the buffets in Vegas...Mandalay Bay, Paris, Wynn, Caesars, Mirage, Bellagio some of our favorites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DH and i think RC's Windjammer buffet on Liberty of the Seas is well done. 

Edited by Etta1213

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ashland said:

Come on the WJ is not at all that bad folks...and on some ships it's pretty good....after all you're on vacation and have a view of the ocean...what could be better !

 

I for one very much like the buffets in Vegas...Mandalay Bay, Paris, Wynn, Caesars, Mirage, Bellagio some of our favorites.

Agree on all counts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Windjammer buffets are as good as the Main Dining room in terms of quality of food.  Better choices than the MDR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, icu222much said:

I am going on a cruise on either the Allure or Oasis of the Sea next year. This will be my first cruise with Royal Caribbean. I am wondering what the quality of the buffet will be like when compared to a buffet on the Vegas strip. Are we looking at a buffet similar to Wynn/Cosmo/Aria, or something along the lines of a Paris/Luxor/MandalayBay?

 

More along the lines of the Mirage buffet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IIt's more like an old town country or golden corral quality buffet. It's not even a station casino quality spread 

 

Not comparable at all to Vegas buffets (except maybe the Excalibur)

 

 

Edited by gilboman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, epanchenko said:

Wynn and Cosmo are high end buffets, WJ will probably be better than the Luxor buffet which I did not enjoy in August.

 

Right.  Definitely not on the Cosmo level.  But a more typical buffet like Mandalay for sure is similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, icu222much said:

That bad huh 😞

 

How is the quality of the food in their main dining room?

Edible.. but nowhere near good . Some items really are terrible like the imitation crab in the crab cakes , limp pasta and tasteless meats

 

 

Edited by gilboman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, icu222much said:

or something along the lines of a Paris/Luxor/MandalayBay?

I would say it is more Circus Circus with a touch of Excalibur!🤔🙄

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ashland said:

Come on the WJ is not at all that bad folks...and on some ships it's pretty good....after all you're on vacation and have a view of the ocean...what could be better !

 

I for one very much like the buffets in Vegas...Mandalay Bay, Paris, Wynn, Caesars, Mirage, Bellagio some of our favorites.

 

I like Golden Corral 😇

 

The one thing Royal does good at the buffet is the stir fry and mongolian grill stations. That's about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, icu222much said:

That bad huh 😞

 

How is the quality of the food in their main dining room?

You won't starve.  As another poster already mentioned - skip the crab cake!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

If Slots of Fun had a buffet....

I remember them from 10+ years ago, 99 cent giant hot dogs and $1 jumbo shrimp cocktail.  I think both have disappeared.  We go to Vegas 6 -8 times a year,  to visit in laws in Summerlin.  Always go to Red Rock and to the Feast Buffet, that is just like Windjammer Buffet and like the ship it is included at no cost, free perk included with the visit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, taglovestocruise said:

I remember them from 10+ years ago, 99 cent giant hot dogs and $1 jumbo shrimp cocktail.  I think both have disappeared.  We go to Vegas 6 -8 times a year,  to visit in laws in Summerlin.  Always go to Red Rock and to the Feast Buffet, that is just like Windjammer Buffet and like the ship it is included at no cost, free perk included with the visit. 

 

I also liked  O'Sheas when it was on the first floor of the parking garage.   Always did pretty good in those type of places.

 

It appears that Slots is till there, but has lost that funky vibe as well as table games.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g45963-d271361-Reviews-Slots_A_Fun_Casino-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...