Another Early Saver Question

mustardgirl

Ok, so we booked Early Saver back in May, now my husbands work says he can't take off work that week (don't get me started) So we are going to cancel the cruise and then rebook later. When booking ( got 2 rooms w 3 people each) I only put names down for 1 person in each room. I haven't put anyone else name down. So when I cancel will all the remaining deposit go to the 1 name on each room? Will they make me put names for each person to cancel so the money is reserved for each person? 

We were paying for my niece and nephew to go, who may or may not be going so I would prefer to not have money reserved in their name if I don't have to.

Anyones experience and knowledge with this before I start this process will be helpful.

Thank you all

I thought with ES, you lose $50 per person booked in each cabin. Since you said you only have 1 person booked in each of the 2 cabins, I thought you would only lose $100 ($50 each),  and the remainder of deposits would be held for future cruise.

35 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I thought with ES, you lose $50 per person booked in each cabin. Since you said you only have 1 person booked in each of the 2 cabins, I thought you would only lose $100 ($50 each),  and the remainder of deposits would be held for future cruise.

I agree with this. We have two cabins booked next year and for now our son is by himself, but we're planning on taking one of his friends, who isn't listed yet. So right now the balance shows just our son paying the single supplement. If we cancelled, we'd have to pay $100 for my wife & I and $50 for him.

After the $50/person fee, the remainder of the deposit is then transferred to a future cruise credit. If I understand Carnival's policy correctly, the credit is issued to the person who paid.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. we have booked 3 people for each room, $100 deposit for each person. When booking I only listed as a name 1 person for each room the other 2 people are listed as guest 1 guest 2 . So I have $300 in deposits for each room. 

Edited by mustardgirl
reword how it is listed on booking

4 hours ago, crzndeb said:

I just cancelled a cruise over the weekend that only listed me in the cabin and I still lost $100. The “Non-Refundable Cancellation Confirmation” letter they sent me listed my name on the first line and TBA on the second line, with a penalty assessed of USD 50.00 for each person. 

The same thing has happened to me in the past when I have cancelled a cruise. I always book ES online using only my name and add my wife later on when it is closer to the cruise date. 

EDIT: I should add I booked the cabin and paid the deposit for 2 people. I just didn’t enter a name for the second guest.  Other situations like the one OC described would be different. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579

41 minutes ago, mustardgirl said:

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. we have booked 3 people for each room, $100 deposit for each person. When booking I only listed as a name 1 person for each room the other 2 people are listed as guest 1 guest 2 . So I have $300 in deposits for each room. 

Based on my experience you should get $300 in a future cruise credit. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579

25 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Based on my experience you should get $300 in a future cruise credit. 

That’s my experience too. $50 per person penalty and the rest back in a future cruise credit. So if you’ve got 6 people with $100 deposit on each you’ll lose $300 and get $300 future cruise credit.