Getting to Atlantis questions.

kelbell

When you get off the ship and in the cruise terminal area, there will be many, many people asking if you want to go to Atlantis.  Say yes and they will put you in a van with other people going to the same place.  The ride costs $5 a person.  When you're ready to return, there will be taxis at Atlantis to take you back to port.  If you're in another shared van, the price will be the same.  A couple of times we've had a private van and it was $11 for two people (that was a few years ago and the price might have gone up a dollar or two since then).  Don't forget tips.

It's not a long ride, maybe 15 minutes if the traffic isn't bad.  At rush hour it could take much longer to get back so plan accordingly and give yourself time for traffic jams.

• Like 2

My Husband and I have walked from the ship to the Atlantis many times.  There's a pedestrian lane on the bridge, so it's very safe.  I think it's about 2.5 miles.  We enjoy the opportunity to stop on the bridge and look down into the water and to look back at the ships.  We also enjoyed looking at the yachts in the marina on the way.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, LB_NJ said:

Is there a ferry from the cruise port to Atlantis?

Also, is the beach pass worth it?

I would do this through the cruise line however they don't offer a beach pass at Atlantis for some reason.

There are water taxis for the same price as land taxis that will take longer and leave you with a longer walk when you get there.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 11:46 AM, LB_NJ said:

Also, is the beach pass worth it?

I would do this through the cruise line however they don't offer a beach pass at Atlantis for some reason.

We bought the beach pass through Atlantis directly--not sure if RC offered it through their excursions but we don't buy ship excursions.  (and have never missed the ship coming back).  

Will let you know in a few weeks how it was!  We plan to taxi there.  

• 3 weeks later...