Quench package and individual $ of a few things

newcruzer2

Hi, I am weighing the pros and cons of the quench package.

I like the idea of NOT  "adding it up as I go"

We usually ONLY drink 2 or 3  Beers, TOTAL for 7 days

So going alcohol free is no biggie

My decision truly hinges on 4 questions

-- Cost of a 16.9oz bottle of water, if bought without package

-- Are CANS of soda included in quench, (hate fountain drinks)

-- Are Dr Pepper cans included in quench

-- Cost of can soda, if bought without package

THANK YOU in advance to all replys

15 minutes ago, newcruzer2 said:

Hi, I am weighing the pros and cons of the quench package.

I like the idea of NOT  "adding it up as I go"

We usually ONLY drink 2 or 3  Beers, TOTAL for 7 days

So going alcohol free is no biggie

My decision truly hinges on 4 questions

-- Cost of a 16.9oz bottle of water, if bought without package

-- Are CANS of soda included in quench, (hate fountain drinks)

-- Are Dr Pepper cans included in quench

-- Cost of can soda, if bought without package

THANK YOU in advance to all replys

And are those large bottles of water included, or only smaller bottles (or cans) of water?

We are in the same situation.

But it states very clearly that only ONE drink at a time, which presumably means one cannot bring back 2 or 3 each in the evening, to keep on hand throughout the night?

That would be a non-starter for us, if we then had to order more through room service and pay, or else head down to a bar at night...

GC

Here is an up to date list of beverage menus from one of our CCers.

https://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/hal-beverage-menus

Yes, cans of soda. I do not know if the ships have Dr. Pepper as I don't drink soda often and when I do it is just plain Coke. Hopefully a Dr. Pepper fan will chime in.

On Nieuw Amsterdam last Februrary, ds and my mom who both had the Quench pkg always got the large water bottles.

They often brought ds 2 cans of his soda at a time. Both unopened with a glass of ice.

I've never seen Dr. Pepper onboard.  You could call Seattle and ask if HAL sells this brand.  If you enjoy this particular brand, you can bring it aboard with you.

As for whether to buy the Quench package, it makes sense if you're going to drink a lot of beverages as my son did on our last cruise.  HAL, no doubt, lost money because he ordered mocktails, specialty coffees, waters, mainly Perrier, smoothies, sodas non-stop, while I probably had no more than 4 drinks (combination of smoothie, soda, and mocktail) per day.  Since we were in the same cabin, I had to order the package too.  

This next cruise, we'll buy the package again because it did save him a bunch of money, and I plan to use it a little more than I did before.  You have to decide if you're going to break even (or go beyond break-even point), which might make it worthwhile for you.  It was a nice way to handle my son's account because he didn't have to worry about any drink charges.  (He purposely didn't order any alcoholic beverages.)  

Whether you order the package or not, have a wonderful cruise.

We have had quench twice now, canned soda yes, they would easily give us a few cans the end of the night to bring to the room, no dr pepper ( my teens fav) you used to get the big bottles of still water and sparkling, i believe its single serve 300 ml ? Sparkling, 500 ml still 

Enjoy unlimited mocktails, juices, bottled water (sparkling 330ml or still 500ml), Exploration’s Café Beverages and sodas. Only on the ms Koningsdam, the package includes Freestyle Coca-Cola which provides 100+ refreshing Coca-Cola flavors to choose from. A 15% service charge will be automatically applied to your purchase. The Quench Beverage Package must be purchased for the entire duration of the voyage. All guests booked in the same stateroom must also purchase the package. The package is for unlimited non-alcoholic beverages. The package excludes purchases made in the Mini Bar, Chocolate Seduction, In-Room Dining, beverages purchased on Half Moon Cay. Packages are non-transferable or refundable. No sharing is permitted. Participants may order only one drink at a time. Beverage Management reserves the right to evoke the package if misused and reserves the right to refuse service for any reason.

Edited by Jareds_mommytoo

6 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

It seems that the "one at a time" might not be enforced, so that's encouraging.

And to clarify, are ALL non-alcoholic coffee types included?  Regular, lattes, etc.?

Many thanks.

GC

You bet. Ds got fancy lattes with flavors.

Edited by fatcat04

7 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

😊

Good news, especially with the flavors!

Then I'll probably enjoy them, also.  But DH is the real coffee aficionado.

Thanks!

GC

Yeah ds got our money's worth out of the Quench pkg. He tried many mocktails and found his favorites which he probably drank way too many of lol. He got daily coffee drinks, hot and cold. Dh and I had the Elite pkg so we all stopped off and picked up several waters to take with us on excursions the next day. Quench was great for a teen as he kinda did his own thing and no worries we would end up with a questionable bill we would have to track down at the end. We used to buy him drink cards but this was easier.

Edited by fatcat04

3 follow up questions (DH will ask me)

It will be 1st hal cruise for us.

where do you get the smoothies and oj, on Eurodam?

I'm assuming it's just concentrate oj? 

Explorer 's cafe menu mentions iced and hot, No frappes or frozen?