Post dinner dress code (Equinox) ?

cruzer0007

On 10/2/2019 at 8:01 AM, villauk said:

Were you in Europe? Is tends to be dressier over here compared to the Caribbean. 

We came off the Infinity's Adriatic and Med Cruise a few weeks ago.  There was very little sign that people were dressing up for Chic Night.  Very few jackets worn by men and  even fewer Dinner Suits.  

34 minutes ago, DYKWIA said:

We came off the Infinity's Adriatic and Med Cruise a few weeks ago.  There was very little sign that people were dressing up for Chic Night.  Very few jackets worn by men and  even fewer Dinner Suits.  

Anything goes now on Chic Night, but it does tend to be dressier on this side of the pond, especially when sailing from the U.K.

22 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

There is also a dress code for Captain's Club Elite events, and it is usually enforced -- that is, no shorts for the cocktail event in the Sky Lounge, and for the Elite tea.  I have also seen people in bathing attire turned away from the Elite breakfast.  

Not too long ago saw several under-dressed men turned away from Elite formal tea.  

When I use to wear my wonderful green plaid (actually is really nice) dinner jacket on formal nights I usually had to change out of it especially on Caribbean cruises I just got to hot.  I don't take it anymore since I sail mostly out of fl now and baggage restrictions and weights on airlines are a pain to deal with.  I use to sail out with Celebrity from Bayonne when they did more Caribbean cruises.  I usually am in my bathing suit when going to the elite breakfast but its the same as my shorts so really cant tell difference, I always have a pair of canvas loafers that I were there along with a decent polo.  Never any issue, I usually am just there to down a few glasses (2-3) of grapefruit juice and grab at times a bloody Mary to start the day. 

Dinner jacket.jpg

• Like 1