Princess Stateroom Organization

EmilyColwell

20 minutes ago, DMT1970 said:

I have never used packing cubes but the seem like they would really help.  Can anyone share the type they have gotten.  Seems like there are several kinds. 

Ebags.com.

Get a set of assorted sizes.  Clear if possible.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

On 10/2/2019 at 10:30 AM, EmilyColwell said:

Hey cruisers!

I am leaving for my 15 day Hawaiian cruise in a short 5 days and have already been thinking about the best way to set up my stateroom. 

I already have a pop up hamper, magnets and electric tea lights for my bathroom to help with room organization and to optimize the space in there.

I am curious what you all do to help keep the room clean, organized and functional. Lets hear those tips!

Thanks! 

I have magnet clips that I use on the wall to hang up the various documents that I have...Meet & Greet Flyer,  Slot Pull Flyer, I’m the organizer of both, a table that I made that shows my cruise schedule day by day which shows if I’m doing anything that day.

If I have a balcony stateroom I have a thermometer with a section cup that goes on the sliding door so that I can always see the temperature outside. 

Of of course I bring my charging cables so that I can charge my devices. I keep them in a drawer when I’m not using them. I always have a couple extra cables jus in case I need them. 

I recently bought some magnet hooks so that I can hang some items on them like a ball cap 🧢, Fanny Pack etc. 

i put my suitcase under the bed. 

I always have some extra zipper plastic bags some of the large size. 

Tom😎

Edited by trbarton

2 hours ago, DMT1970 said:

I have never used packing cubes but the seem like they would really help.  Can anyone share the type they have gotten.  Seems like there are several kinds. 

I use packing cubes that are expandable so more stuff goes inside with less space. I go to the Container Store. They come in different sizes. 

I posted what I've used. 3 different sizes. 

Tom😀

9D20BAE8-40D6-425F-812C-892F5EB53475.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DMT1970 said:

WOW...What a list..some things I had, some I did not.  Any chance you have it in a word document for me to edit.  I know i am picky...My husband tells me i m so demanding...LOL   But honestly this has just lowered my stress level.  Thanks for sharing

Attached. Let me know if that works for you.

Doug

cruise pack list general.doc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, jagsfan said:

It’s painful to have  to purchase on board something We could have brought with us.   The prices are exorbitant. Retirees on fixed incomes sometimes have to stretch the budget just to cruise. 

Spending time in port trying to find something we could have brought with us is even worse. 

I also do not like bumping into things in the night as I get up a "couple" of times in the dark......😮....so my checklist includes a night light. I applaud those who can travel super light, but we ain't that couple! 😎

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DMT1970 said:

WOW...What a list..some things I had, some I did not.  Any chance you have it in a word document for me to edit.  I know i am picky...My husband tells me i m so demanding...LOL   But honestly this has just lowered my stress level.  Thanks for sharing

Here it is....sorry if this is a duplicate....................

Doug

cruise pack list general.pdf

Just now, Lido deck main said:

Hi,

thanks for posting that document.  I have always just packed things as I thought of things, but this is just more organized, as we are getting older we are forgetting more things, 😮 I am going to save and modify the document for us.

Hope it proves useful. It has for me.

5 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

That’s your problem?  If I have to remind myself to pack underwear it’s time to pack it in.

We were on a 33 day cruise and a lady forgot to pack her underwear she had packed her husbands and our first port stop wasn't for five days, so she wore her husbands for those first five days.  Now my husband and I always ask did you pack your underwear.  

• Haha 2

i buy from the dollar store the small plastic trays - you get 3 in a pack size is 5 x 5 inches - I put my makeup in one, toothpaste and brushes in the other and hubby uses one for his pill bottles and trays are put on shelf - easy to pull in and out if in one container

magnets are great for hanging the notes for what we are doing for the day

I bring one trash bag and all dirty clothes are put in trash bag and then stuffed in the suitcase when cruise is done

I find that there is plenty of shelves, drawers and hanging for everything.

5 hours ago, Adventures ahead said:

I saw these today at Dollorama in two sizes, $2 and $2.50 each. The previous sets I purchases at Winners. They're great, like having a set of drawers in your suitcase and really handy for pre- and post-hotels too.

15 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I also do not like bumping into things in the night as I get up a "couple" of times in the dark......😮....so my checklist includes a night light. I applaud those who can travel super light, but we ain't that couple! 😎

Neither are we....well, at least me!