Royal Caribbean does not honor advertised prices!

I am so peeved, I went onto my cruise planner and they were offering the Coco Beach Club for $65.99 for up to 8 people + cabana (and yes I knew this was most likely an mistake on someones behalf). I was hoping that they would honor it or the very least let me bring two of my friends for that price just to the reserved area. But nope, after an HOUR on hold they offer me chocolate covered strawberries and that's it. 

2 minutes ago, SuiteLady said:

I can't agree with you....they honored the $18 beverage package glitch!  And if you don't get any chocolate covered strawberries in your room, make your way to the windjammer and get some...LoL. 

That's why I was peeved they offered me strawberries as some grand gesture!!! 

• Like 1

Well....the drink package was a highly visible mistake up for like a day that thousands of people jumped on.

A pricing mistake on a brand new excursion that was ( I assume) corrected quite quikly isn't anywhere near as public damaging.

Plus...it sounds like you did the typical call to Royal "hey is this price right" ;)...instead of just booking ...  I could be wrong...not alot of details.

Edited by dodgestang

13 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

Well....the drink package was a highly visible mistake up for like a day that thousands of people jumped on.

A pricing mistake on a brand new excursion that was ( I assume) corrected quite quikly isn't anywhere near as public damaging.

Plus...it sounds like you did the typical call to Royal "hey is this price right" ;)...instead of just booking ...  I could be wrong...not alot of details.

I booked it first and took a pdf of the details on their website. I knew it was most likely wrong but I was hoping they would get me passes at least. I think I am more peeved it took them over an hour to tell me no and then offer me strawberries >.< 

I see....yeah...I'm allergic to strawberries so that would make me mad too 😉

Bright side though....they finally have made these new features available for booking and the price is now out there....so no more waiting and waiting and waiting.

I always say "Book it"...and then watch the prices since they change all the time.  $699 for a beach cabana with access to beach club, $999 for an over the water one on my sailing....I've got 197 days to watch the price go up and down...and call everytime it goes down 😉

22 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

I see....yeah...I'm allergic to strawberries so that would make me mad too 😉

Bright side though....they finally have made these new features available for booking and the price is now out there....so no more waiting and waiting and waiting.

I always say "Book it"...and then watch the prices since they change all the time.  $699 for a beach cabana with access to beach club, $999 for an over the water one on my sailing....I've got 197 days to watch the price go up and down...and call everytime it goes down 😉

can you call & ask for the different pricing? or do you have to cancel online & book at new rate? or can you book 2 of them? I worry that between time i cancel one & then book another they will change price or be sold out.

If you see something in the planner for less you can cancel and rebook all online.  I wouldn't personally do that for that specific item because I would secretly fear that since I cancel it first in cruise planner and then rebuy it....someone would snatch up the last one and I would lose out.  So I call in for something like this.

I originally had a chill island cabana booked for $799 but 3 weeks or so ago I noticed they were at $499....I did it all in cruise planner....went into order history, cancelled the cabana, then just reorder it for less.

2 hours ago, JCYYZ said:

I can currently see the same "deal" in my cruise planner ($91.77 CAD for up to 8 people).  I figured it was a glitch and they wouldn't honour it once they realize.

I personally would (if i wanted it) book it at the 'mistake' price.

Then bug them on social media until they play fair.  Go back and call again?  I have heard many stories here that if you complain more than once, and try a different person its all good.

Example.  Someone on my sailing just booked a few days ago (after final pmt date).  Price went down quite a lot 24/36 hours after they booked.  called and told Nada. Asked for a supervisor, told none available.  Called again, asked for supervisor and almost $90 back PP.  Even after final payment date.

So just try again and go to social media pages if you dont get any joy?

Having said this, not a cabana person. A chair on the beach with some sun/shade is all i need.

They didn't honor it for me either. It doesn't help that in the confirmation it is still called "day pass", even though it made me choose how many cabanas and assign it to one guest when booking. I didn't have the patience to wait for a supervisor so I just dropped it.

As far as I can see it has been fixed.

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Unfortunately, not an uncommon situation with Royal.

Hi Bob.

After not taking up a Royal Up offer tonight 3 days before our cruise I had someone from RC ring me.

He said would we like a complimentary upgrade from our midship balcony cabin to a large balcony cabin then proceeded to tell me it would be $100.

Have you heard of this happening before?

Graham.

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Bob.

After not taking up a Royal Up offer tonight 3 days before our cruise I had someone from RC ring me.

He said would we like a complimentary upgrade from our midship balcony cabin to a large balcony cabin then proceeded to tell me it would be $100.

Have you heard of this happening before?

Graham.

I don't understand how "complimentary" equals $100.  But this is Royal Caribbean.  Haven't heard this one before.

1 hour ago, atush said:

I personally would (if i wanted it) book it at the 'mistake' price.

Then bug them on social media until they play fair.  Go back and call again?  I have heard many stories here that if you complain more than once, and try a different person its all good.

Example.  Someone on my sailing just booked a few days ago (after final pmt date).  Price went down quite a lot 24/36 hours after they booked.  called and told Nada. Asked for a supervisor, told none available.  Called again, asked for supervisor and almost $90 back PP.  Even after final payment date.

So just try again and go to social media pages if you dont get any joy?

Having said this, not a cabana person. A chair on the beach with some sun/shade is all i need.

The price guarantee is good for 48 hours after booking.  

Edited by bilyclub

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I don't understand how "complimentary" equals $100.  But this is Royal Caribbean.  Haven't heard this one before.

That's what we thought.

I said no thanks..

The telephone number was.

+1441952906600 but he knew the booking information.

Thanks.